If I get another standard battery

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
I like the Seidio...

seidioonline.com

It's not cheap, but it's well built and it can be used for different phones by buying just the adapter plates. I used mine for two years with my Blackberrys and then when I switched to the TB, I ordered the charging plate for the TB battery.

You can also buy the HTC Express batts here...

HTC Thunderbolt Verizon LTE 4G 1700mAhx2 Battery+Dock USB Charger PD42100

which is the setup I ordered. In fact, I don't plan to use the charger that comes with them, so if you ask nicely we might be able to work something out.

Personally, I would be skeptical of three batteries and a charger for $12 (the eBay link), but that's just me. I was even concerned about the HTC Express batts, but people I trust have used them with good success. I'm a bit paranoid after buying a 12V laptop charger off eBay a few years ago that almost caught on fire. :-[

Reactions: damule6666

damule6666

Banned
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I like the Seidio...

seidioonline.com

It's not cheap, but it's well built and it can be used for different phones by buying just the adapter plates. I used mine for two years with my Blackberrys and then when I switched to the TB, I ordered the charging plate for the TB battery.

You can also buy the HTC Express batts here...

HTC Thunderbolt Verizon LTE 4G 1700mAhx2 Battery+Dock USB Charger PD42100

which is the setup I ordered. In fact, I don't plan to use the charger that comes with them, so if you ask nicely we might be able to work something out.

Personally, I would be skeptical of three batteries and a charger for $12 (the eBay link), but that's just me. I was even concerned about the HTC Express batts, but people I trust have used them with good success. I'm a bit paranoid after buying a 12V laptop charger off eBay a few years ago that almost caught on fire. :-[

I have the Seidio charger as well. So worth the $$ And the expandable nature of it is such a plus!

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

What you probably don't realize is that the battery (singular) and wall charger you bought for $43+shipping from HTCExpress is identical to the $12 charger and batteries (plural - 3) I bought from eBay. I'll gladly post pics of mine if you don't believe me. :eek:

AisforAustin

Aug 18, 2010
www.twitter.com
What you probably don't realize is that the battery (singular) and wall charger you bought for $43+shipping from HTCExpress is identical to the $12 charger and batteries (plural - 3) I bought from eBay. I'll gladly post pics of mine if you don't believe me. :eek:

Sold me on them. I just place an order for it! thanks! I'll post my findings once I get em

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com

Are you sure?

The HTC Express deal is two batteries plus the charger and they are (supposedly) rated at 1700 mAh each.

The ones from eBay are listed as 1500 mAh. Granted, you get three of them, so even if they were 750 mAh and worked they would be a good deal!

It does appear that the charger is the same.

If they are working well for you then that's awesome! Wish I had known that last week...lol!

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure?

The HTC Express deal is two batteries plus the charger and they are (supposedly) rated at 1700 mAh each.

The ones from eBay are listed as 1500 mAh. Granted, you get three of them, so even if they were 750 mAh and worked they would be a good deal!

It does appear that the charger is the same.

If they are working well for you then that's awesome! Wish I had known that last week...lol!

I've read some not-so-good reviews about HTCExpress (customer service-wise), so I'm not sure how trustworthy the 1700 is. For that matter, I don't know how any of these batteries are measured or rated, but I do know the 1500's I bought on the cheap work great for me. :)

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but you'd need a wall charger. Here's one that happens to come with 3 spare batteries for $12 shipped. 0.o

For those wondering, I have them and they perform identical to OEM. :)

lol, too good to be true? Maybe... I might buy it just for the cheap wall charger, and I get 3 free emergency batteries for free? Sweet. While I realize there was a mention of a potential fire, I've bought 5+ cheap ass wall and car chargers over the last couple years and have never had a issue with any of them. Even brand name **** breaks, and a lot of it is the same cheap **** marked up.

paulmike - what was the shipping like?

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
lol, too good to be true? Maybe... I might buy it just for the cheap wall charger, and I get 3 free emergency batteries for free? Sweet. While I realize there was a mention of a potential fire, I've bought 5+ cheap ass wall and car chargers over the last couple years and have never had a issue with any of them. Even brand name **** breaks, and a lot of it is the same cheap **** marked up.

paulmike - what was the shipping like?

Shipping was free. It took awhile to get here (about 2 weeks). I got a tracking number about a day after I purchased, and it sat in customs overseas for about half of the 2 weeks. When it arrived, it was just a small plastic padded evelope. The charger was in a small plastic bag, inside a small retail box (can post a pic of everything if anyone wants). Each battery was individually factory sealed in static-protective bags. The whole shebang smelled like mothballs, but that faded in a day. Lemme know if you have any more questions. :)

Reactions: SoDev

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene