If the leaks turn out to be true, how do you suppose this device will handle Home, Back, and Recents

BluBrett

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
The last thing I want on an AMOLED display is a navbar, so I hope they integrate the 3 necessary buttons as gestures or something. The leaks are not showing any sort of navbar at the bottom so far. Some leaks also suggest Samsung has been working on their own version of Apple's "force touch" or "force click".

Travis Bakker

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I would probably guess at the buttons being software generated at the bottom as in many current devices. However it would be interesting if they introduced some gesture controls that could be customized.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I thought I read an article last week about the navigation buttons being customizable. Too lazy to search at the moment.

Found it. Here's a snippet from a 9to5google.com article from a few weeks ago...
https://www.google.com/amp/s/9to5go...-rumors/amp/?client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us
040eebd5c6324b24143f393158f6abaa.jpg

Last edited:

Travis Bakker

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I would hope the buttons could be themed, as well as change color, brightness and maybe do some image shifting to prevent burn in. Seeing as the navigation buttons on the current phones only light up when you touch them, I would think it should be possible to hide software buttons as well.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
If the pressure click or whatever they call it rumors are true it might be something weird.

Maybe 1 soft click is home button, harder one recent apps and fully pressing it back button boy that would be stupid

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
If the pressure click or whatever they call it rumors are true it might be something weird.

Maybe 1 soft click is home button, harder one recent apps and fully pressing it back button boy that would be stupid
I'm sure they'll have the 3 separate ones. Probably have extra functions on them depending on how hard you press.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
which under pressure would fail thats why I prefer physical off screen buttons
I prefer off screen too. As long as the basic functions work, I guess I'll be OK. I don't see force touch being helpful or something I'll use. I think Samsung was the only big manufacturer left using physical buttons anymore though so we're just SOL.

SilentByte

Feb 24, 2017
Visit site
My understanding is that the display ratio will be slightly longer than usual so the buttons on the bottom don't take up screen space like on other phones.

This would be awesome if true. Like a resolution that's 48 pixels taller than normal. Somehow I doubt it though, because that would be an odd screen size to manufacture. I really hate on screen buttons. Wasted space plus major burn in on AMOLED devices.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I hope nav buttons aren't going to get burned in. They should definitely have an auto hide mode to hide the nav buttons. But then again, the time display and battery icon doesn't move either, so I don't think it'll matter. People buy new phones every 2 years, and the AMOLED display should easily hold up fine with normal use.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I hope nav buttons aren't going to get burned in. They should definitely have an auto hide mode to hide the nav buttons. But then again, the time display and battery icon doesn't move either, so I don't think it'll matter. People buy new phones every 2 years, and the AMOLED display should easily hold up fine with normal use.

Yep.