If you had another upgrade coming, what would you do?

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
So, I have to replace a phone on my family plan. I haven't upgraded the line in over 4 years. It needs to be a dumb phone. I love my S2, but I started thinking about other phones slated to release in the next 6-8 months, like the Note (if it ever makes it here). I'd love to switch between my S2 and the Note, but I don't know how all this works. I know this topic has been discussed in here many times, but I'm confused about how it works and also, if you had an upgrade for a second line coming, what would you do with it?

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
If it needs to be a dumb phone, you can purchase a cheap one from AT&T without a contract and save the upgrade for when you decide to get a new smartphone. Like the Nexus or the Note.
I agree with you about the Note, I don't think Samsung is interested in releasing it here. They would rather tease us by touring around the world.
I'm really tempted to order one from Amazon, but can't really afford the $700+ for the phone. I have 2 days left on my upgrade (Skyrocket) to decide what to do.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
RAZR nor better than nexus.

The Nitro is the next best thing right now. But 6-8 months is a long time. Quad core will be out by then. Quad core plus ICS = WIN.

Sent from my SGS II

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
If it needs to be a dumb phone, you can purchase a cheap one from AT&T without a contract and save the upgrade for when you decide to get a new smartphone. Like the Nexus or the Note.
I agree with you about the Note, I don't think Samsung is interested in releasing it here. They would rather tease us by touring around the world.
I'm really tempted to order one from Amazon, but can't really afford the $700+ for the phone. I have 2 days left on my upgrade (Skyrocket) to decide what to do.

I didn't know I could buy a phone from AT&T without a contract. That would be perfect. I also saw the same fried phone on Ebay, so I was thinking about buying that. Both ways, I wouldn't be using the upgrade. Is that correct? I'd just have to pay full price for the phone from ATT.

I was thinking about how nice it might be to be able to switch to the Note and back to the S2 as needed. I thought about upgrading the line to an iPhone 4S and then selling it, but it has to be unlocked and there's no way to do that, as far as I can tell. Too bad because it would give me enough to buy the Note outright. Then again, it may not work here. I read it should, but no guarantees. Then I wondered if ATT would consider it a tablet and force me to buy another data plan.

They just don't make it easy.

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
RAZR nor better than nexus.

The Nitro is the next best thing right now. But 6-8 months is a long time. Quad core will be out by then. Quad core plus ICS = WIN.

Sent from my SGS II

I like the Nitro, but I love my S2. I was hoping to snag another phone with a huge screen to use when my S2 isn't big enough. I thought the Note looked pretty good, but I'm not as savvy as the rest of you are about the performance side of things when it comes to smartphones. I know I just need a larger screen some of the time and don't want to pay for another data plan.