I'm 95% sure these specs will be the same as the Nexus

ppeklak

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
12mp camera? lol my jaw would be on the floor if it came with it

Maybe, guess it would depend though. Those high MPs are not always a good thing, as we know from the ole megapixel wars from cameras. I don't really know if I need more MPs in my phone's camera, just a better sensor and optics really. The iPhone 4 's camera at 5MP is awesome ..

Tripsyk

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I think anything more than 10MP and it gets unnecessary. The 8MP on most phones today takes amazing quality pictures as it is.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Not to minimize this, but those specs are nominally better than the SGSII4GET so I will pass until something a little better rolls in he he. Does any one have leaks for the nexus 4? Okay, you can all throw stuff at me now ha!

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I think the next group of phones will all have very similar specs. What you probably had was all the manufacturers submit a phone to Google for the running of the next nexus device and while you may not have minimum hardware standards for Ice Cream Sandwich, Google likely set minimum standards for the next Nexus. Now manufacturers could exceed those minimums if they chose which is what I think we are seeing here. I wouldn't expect to see 12 MP on the Nexus but the winner likely did something better than the sharp phone in order to get chosen as the winner. All the manufactures that submitted something are going to continue to produce the devices anyway and if we are lucky they might all launch with ICS just a little delayed compared to Nexus.

Jdm4292

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
except for maybe the water proofing...sounds like the rumored nexus specs? i don't think samsung's new CPU will be out in time...

So what's so bad about this TI omap? Will it be fast? Will it be comparable to exynos? Will it be worth getting the new nexus with a processor that could be terrible? Does anyone know anything on this?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
So what's so bad about this TI omap? Will it be fast? Will it be comparable to exynos? Will it be worth getting the new nexus with a processor that could be terrible? Does anyone know anything on this?

They are very capable processors and should produce very similar results. I wouldn't worry about it.

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

It will be a very nice processor. Google handpicked the OMAP as the processor they want for ICS. No reason to worry.

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Totally agree. No reasons to worry at all.

When a company develops a new OS and has a piece of hardware in mind to push it, then it's safe to say that ICS coupled with the hardware (OMAP), should preform quite well. I don't think I'll go so far as to say that it's optimized for OMAP, but probably "best experienced on" OMAP.

I can't wait to get this new device. My OG will just barely be making it.

equake

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
OMAP 4 is a very capable CPU, the question is can TI produce enough to meet demand and are better SoCs on the horizon like Krait, Tegra 3 and Exynos. Apparently Windows 8 chose OMAP as the ARM platform of choice because it supports the full compliment of DirectX APIs. We also know that the Tegra 3 will support Win8 but will probably not come out on phones until next Q1 2012.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
After much reading im pretty sure the prime will have an excellent camera just as the sgs2 does. Samsung may go cheap with materials like plastics uses for the shell bur the processors ans cameras have been top great

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmc