I'm Depressed!

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I'd be starting a storm mind you my family and I are on complicated terms but if my kid broke someone else's stuff you better believe I'm paying them back its not their responsibility to put their stuff away in their home its my responsibility to keep tabs on my kid your aunt would pay dearly for that mistake if it was me mind you I am a father and not 16 lol but still

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

fuddster

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
It's too late for you right now, but I'm a loyal customer of the Square Trade warranty with ADH. Inexpensive 3rd party warranty, totally worth it. Bought one for my original Nook e-reader, then used it about a year later when the screen busted after I dropped it. I sent them the damaged unit, they sent me a check for the full purchase price. They always have discount codes floating around, too.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I've been in this situation. What do you do? Fight with the aunt till she gives you the money. For me it was my brother in law who knocked over a cup of water on our laptop and shorted out the keyboard. He was willing to pay till my father in law stepped in and said it's family you need to forgive and move on. I kept pressing the issue till my father in law paid up for him , and he was pissed for a while but he got over it and we get along fine now.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
It is not her fault but her responsibility.

As somebody else said, Home Insurance?

It is the parents fault how is it not, that's like saying oh my kid got kidnapped but its not my fault I let him/her go off on their own and wasn't attentive. Clearly half of you aren't parents.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
If you go to a store and your kid breaks something who pays I promise you not the store.

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
If you buy from Walmart, warranty for 2 years is only $28. It says accidentals are covered. Cheapest warranty I've been offed so far. You can see their details on their website. Just look for the N7 and additional purchased and you'll see warranty info.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

fareal

May 29, 2010
Visit site
If you buy from Walmart, warranty for 2 years is only $28. It says accidentals are covered. Cheapest warranty I've been offed so far. You can see their details on their website. Just look for the N7 and additional purchased and you'll see warranty info.

Does it say accidents are covered or "normal wear and tear"?

I think their Accident type coverage is $59 for tablets under $299.

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Does it say accidents are covered or "normal wear and tear"?

I think their Accident type coverage is $59 for tablets under $299.

28 bucks and it covers everything

https://goto.walmart.com/c/1943169/...lan-for-Tablets-and-iPads-200-299-99/21556981

"Our Product Care Plan provides more coverage than the manufacturer's warranty, such as failures due to:

Accidental Damage from Handling, such as spills, drops and cracked screens
Power surges
Defects in materials and workmanship
Mechanical or electrical failures, including those due to normal wear and tear
Internal heat, dust and humidity"

fareal

May 29, 2010
Visit site
28 bucks and it covers everything

https://goto.walmart.com/c/1943169/...lan-for-Tablets-and-iPads-200-299-99/21556981

"Our Product Care Plan provides more coverage than the manufacturer's warranty, such as failures due to:

Accidental Damage from Handling, such as spills, drops and cracked screens
Power surges
Defects in materials and workmanship
Mechanical or electrical failures, including those due to normal wear and tear
Internal heat, dust and humidity"

Thanks for the link. This is what I was looking at. Not sure what the diff is. Maybe this link was old pricing. https://goto.walmart.com/c/1943169/...15379467?adid=1500000000000012981640&veh=mweb

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Do you have house and contents insurance? If you do, then you should be able to claim against it - either for a repair or to get a replacement. My wife trod on her expensive glasses (twice!) in the house and the insurers stumped up each time. It's worth a try.
They work great, mum got furious broke an very, very expensive custom necklace... They replaced it & some how she kept the diamonds of the old one etc maybe they miss understood she still had parts of it.

I've been in this situation. What do you do? Fight with the aunt till she gives you the money. For me it was my brother in law who knocked over a cup of water on our laptop and shorted out the keyboard. He was willing to pay till my father in law stepped in and said it's family you need to forgive and move on. I kept pressing the issue till my father in law paid up for him , and he was pissed for a while but he got over it and we get along fine now.

My brother would wait for me to fix it as he woudldn't pay and destroy it again if i did that. Then again my brother in law would do anything, top bloke guess i am lucky like that.

House insurance is the way to go or DIY repair.

BowtomePhil

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
It is the parents fault how is it not, that's like saying oh my kid got kidnapped but its not my fault I let him/her go off on their own and wasn't attentive. Clearly half of you aren't parents.

????

If my son kills somebody is it my fault?

You obviously aren't a parent. I am a parent of 3 and Grandad of 2. If my youngest son smashes something in my friends house upstairs while I drink tea downstairs, how is it my fault? Yes I would pay as he is my responsibilty , but your logic about it being my fault is flawed.

wyndslash

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
to the OP: I'm really sorry that happened. I would be very upset too. Those kids were probably never taught how to be good guests in another person's home. I know that if I had been a kid and I did something like that, I would be getting a very bad spanking, and my parents would probably offer to reimburse you for your loss. To those people saying it's the OP's fault for leaving his things out like that? Well, it's his home, isn't it? Should he keep all his possessions under lock and key? It's the people who visit who should know how to be good guests and NOT touch anything they aren't supposed to.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
????

If my son kills somebody is it my fault?

You obviously aren't a parent. I am a parent of 3 and Grandad of 2. If my youngest son smashes something in my friends house upstairs while I drink tea downstairs, how is it my fault? Yes I would pay as he is my responsibilty , but your logic about it being my fault is flawed.

So your saying you let your kids wander around on their own you are insane mines 2.5 I never let my eyes off of him when we aren't at home. You as a parent need to know what they are doing at all times what if your kid was upstairs and choked on something because you weren't paying attention is that still not your fault. I don't care who you are step up and be parents until your kids are 18 they are your responsibility and your at fault for their mistakes. Know what they are doing know where they are and make sure they don't get the chance to do anything stupid its called mitigation of risk.

BowtomePhil

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
So your saying you let your kids wander around on their own you are insane mines 2.5 I never let my eyes off of him when we aren't at home. You as a parent need to know what they are doing at all times what if your kid was upstairs and choked on something because you weren't paying attention is that still not your fault. I don't care who you are step up and be parents until your kids are 18 they are your responsibility and your at fault for their mistakes. Know what they are doing know where they are and make sure they don't get the chance to do anything stupid its called mitigation of risk.

The OP's cousins are 10 and 8, so that is the same as having a 2 year old?

So when your kid gets to 16 gets a scooter and has a life outside your handcuffs, you are to blame for anything he does, very Naieve.. Responsible yes.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
The OP's cousins are 10 and 8, so that is the same as having a 2 year old?

So when your kid gets to 16 gets a scooter and has a life outside your handcuffs, you are to blame for anything he does, very Naieve.. Responsible yes.

8 and 10 are still young to not be watching my little brother gets into all kinds of trouble on his own. At 16 you at least should know where they are and what they are up to. Also if the rooms locked and they still got in then obviously those kids need a freaking leash because they can't behave. At 13 I was out on my @$$ so I say kids can learn to behave and act like they should. Y'all can enjoy crazy kids if you want but this soldier will not have it in his home.