I'm tired of buying new cases, and you should be too

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, the Spigen case for the Tab S7+ still works for the Tab s8+ BUT not for the Tab S9+ because as you point out minor size alterations. I firmly believe that the case companies are in cahoots with the phone/tablet OEM's! If the phone makers (for example) were to start using proper materials for the backs of the phones (NOT GLASS) then we might NOT have to buy any case! I'm sure Spigen, as well as all the other case makers, would NOT be happy!
Eliminate the curved glass on the front (which cannot happen fast enough) and Whitestone would no longer be able to RIP US OFF on highly overpriced screen protectors! Flat screens = $10.00 tempered glass protectors. I have many other rip off rants but that's enough for now!

May 28, 2023
Visit site

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
These all sound like a first world problems

No one HAS to buy a new phone every year or with each series iteration.

Since the next model is really nothing new, keep a phone for three or four years. But then you'll wear out the case anyways.

Then maybe you won't feel "ripped off"

CatherineMcClarey

Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Whenever I get a new phone or tablet, I crochet a sleeve for it. Other than that, at most I'll purchase a device-specific inexpensive silicone shell for it, to give myself a more secure grip when it's out of the sleeve. (My current phone came with a manufacturer-provided hard shell & screen protector, so no worries there.) And I don't switch phones until app updates no longer support the most recent version of Android available for that phone, which typically takes 3-4 years.

Perico Lospalotes

Oct 28, 2020
Visit site
Two things for ya. 1- Buy an Xacto knife and go to work with the old, that is if you loooved the one you had and the new phone is almost the same but the cameras. And 2- I kind of like changing my covers every time I buy a new phone because there are new designs and new features, plus they are very cheap ($20?? maybe)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000