I'm torn!

vfp5

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Moving to Xfinity and really want the s20...but they only carry the 5g uw. Will I be disappointed? Can manage with the 128gb...but will I notice the difference with the 8gb Ram? I have the Note 10 now so I don't think so. Really want a smaller size phone....anyone with the UW have insight? Thanks

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm of the opinion Samsung only throws a ton of RAM into the phones because they manufacture them and want to win the spec war. More RAM is automatically better to consumers even though it's useless if you don't multitask enough to use it. I don't think you will notice a difference but I also don't know your usage habits.

Same with storage, I can't say if 128 is plenty for you or not. For me personally it's absolute overkill. I'm typing this from my Note 8 that I've used for nearly 2 1/2 years as my daily driver, only used 42.6Gb and have 21.4Gb free still.

I've got the photos and video I've taken with this phone on here and all my apps. I have a handful of games, social media apps, banking, photos editing apps, apps needed to control some cameras and drones.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm of the opinion Samsung only throws a ton of RAM into the phones because they manufacture them and want to win the spec war. More RAM is automatically better to consumers even though it's useless if you don't multitask enough to use it. I don't think you will notice a difference but I also don't know your usage habits.

Same with storage, I can't say if 128 is plenty for you or not. For me personally it's absolute overkill. I'm typing this from my Note 8 that I've used for nearly 2 1/2 years as my daily driver, only used 42.6Gb and have 21.4Gb free still.

I've got the photos and video I've taken with this phone on here and all my apps. I have a handful of games, social media apps, banking, photos editing apps, apps needed to control some cameras and drones.
Like you say...its all in how you use it. You can get away with much less but I think 12 GB is the sweet spot for me. 16 is just plain nuts but I only got it because the S20 Ultra 512 came with it. At the time I wanted more that 128. 256 is the sweet spot for me, but I bought the 128 Note Ultra because I didn't want to do 512 again. I'll make due though I'm using about 118 now. I'll make due with less and keep my bulky stuff on a card with backup.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene