incoming texts from one person showing up as someone else?!?

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
what gives, i received a text from someone and it showed up under someone elses name and when i responded to her question, she said wrong person. The names are no where similar, different area codes and are in different groups (friend/family). One is linked to facebook, the other doesnt even have FB. yet the texts showed up under the same thread name. The only way for me to tell the difference on the phone is by pressing the received text and it will display the phone #. I dont want to have to do this every time i receive a text from either one of them. I even accessed their information on google contacts to make sure any information was put in the wrong place by mistake.

again, what gives?!?! This happened in the past with the exact same people then i factory reseted the phone hoping it would fix it and now all of the sudden its happening again. is this some type of glitch?

LoneWolf545

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I've had the same problem, the bad part is it's my boss showing up as someone I seldom see or talk to (friend on the other end of the country I see every 2-3 years).