Incredible battery life

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
You had the only i4 in the world that could go that long without a charge. I owned 3 of them and the 3 of them turned on back to back couldn't last that long...I own an iphone 5 as well. I'm calling you out on this one...Unless your talking about standby time?
No its possible with light usage and listening to music while screen is off etc ive been close to those stats too.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes it does.... But I have a smart phone for a reason.. I don't have WiFi all the time... Otherwise I'd pay for a stupid I touch and use a feature phone..

I'd like to think the phone could last some time. Ya know a whole work day

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
1.iPod touch's are not "stupid"
2. the iPhone lasts a whole day for me and so does my Nexus must be something wrong with your Nexus.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
1.iPod touch's are not "stupid"
2. the iPhone lasts a whole day for me and so does my Nexus must be something wrong with your Nexus.
Actually "USE" your phone for a day...and then get back to us on your battery longevity. You can kill any phone in 3 hours playing Ski Safari.

I would think anyone who buys a Nexus is a power user. Have you ever even used it as a Hotspot? Use either of those phones as a hotspot or play a game, or talk for a few hours. Then let us know how its lasting a day.

Your basically telling us you hardly use your phone and it lasts all day.If we all did that we would be raving about are battery life as well.:D

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Actually "USE" your phone for a day...and then get back to us on your battery longevity. You can kill any phone in 3 hours playing Ski Safari.

I would think anyone who buys a Nexus is a power user. Have you ever even used it as a Hotspot? Use either of those phones as a hotspot or play a game, or talk for a few hours. Then let us know how its lasting a day.

Your basically telling us you hardly use your phone and it lasts all day.If we all did that we would be raving about are battery life as well.:D

4 hours on-screen time on nexus 4and 1 day standby I call that impressive although you are right about the iPhone I don't use it as much.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Superior? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha
Wait you were joking about the Note 2 being superior to theN4 right?

It's entirely subjective, but yes I consider my Note 2 superior to many phones including the Nexus 4. Why? Bigger 5.5" screen, S-Pen, 3100mAh user-replaceable battery (fully charged spare always ready to go at a moments notice), better battery life; average 5-6 hours screen on time or up to 4 days total run-time during light use (all when on Verizon's LTE, no Wi-Fi ever). And it works on the best cell carrier where I live/work and travel. :)

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Damn does the 4.2.2 update really help that much? My Nexus 4 and also Nexus 7 do sometimes suffer from being awake (esp my N7) but when I tried to flash 4.2.2 on my rooted but stock Nexus 7 I kept getting errors. I guess I'll try again because my N7 has been getting DISMAL battery life since 4.2/4.2.1

My Nexus 4 on the other hand has been getting good battery life, but It does stay awake for hours sometimes so I know that the battery life can be even better.

I was just going to wait till KLP to update my N4, N7 and my gf's N10 to 4.2.2 but If there really are this many improvements in a 0.0.1 update, than I might as well do it.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Damn does the 4.2.2 update really help that much? My Nexus 4 and also Nexus 7 do sometimes suffer from being awake (esp my N7) but when I tried to flash 4.2.2 on my rooted but stock Nexus 7 I kept getting errors. I guess I'll try again because my N7 has been getting DISMAL battery life since 4.2/4.2.1

My Nexus 4 on the other hand has been getting good battery life, but It does stay awake for hours sometimes so I know that the battery life can be even better.

I was just going to wait till KLP to update my N4, N7 and my gf's N10 to 4.2.2 but If there really are this many improvements in a 0.0.1 update, than I might as well do it.

It is definitely worth it.

AVM4

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
dynu7y3e.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

1 day 6 hours on battery :) pretty good with 3 hours & 41 minutes of screen on

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
So I didn't charge my phone during the day like I usually do..but I couldn't use it for a large chunk anyway BC my ems dept had a ribbon cutting ceremony and I had to silence and stand at attention...

Some results since the update

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362263042620.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362263042620.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 26
  • uploadfromtaptalk1362263057112.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362263057112.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 148
  • uploadfromtaptalk1362263064963.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362263064963.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 26

dtg755

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't know how you guys do it. I'm hitting about 8-10 hours and only about 1.5 hours of screen time and then I get down to the low 30s percentage wise. I was really hoping that switching to gsm was gonna bring battery improvements as I had sprint before this phone.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how you guys do it. I'm hitting about 8-10 hours and only about 1.5 hours of screen time and then I get down to the low 30s percentage wise. I was really hoping that switching to gsm was gonna bring battery improvements as I had sprint before this phone.

that is weird. you should take a backup and try a factory reset

rjfarrow

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
It's entirely subjective, but yes I consider my Note 2 superior to many phones including the Nexus 4. Why? Bigger 5.5" screen, S-Pen, 3100mAh user-replaceable battery (fully charged spare always ready to go at a moments notice), better battery life; average 5-6 hours screen on time or up to 4 days total run-time during light use (all when on Verizon's LTE, no Wi-Fi ever). And it works on the best cell carrier where I live/work and travel. :)
I couldnt help but laugh when I read this..... You really consider all this superior? Really? First off bigger is not always better, I guarantee you dont look as cool as the rest of us holding that huge tablet up to your ear holding a conversation. Two, S Pen, seriously? Its a stylus bro, call it what it is and using a stylus has never been cool. Three, if your battery is so awesome why do you need to remove it and why do you need two? And last, best carrier, this is a joke right? By best you mean best at nickle and diming you to death and charging twice what the phone is worth and twice what their service is worth? The Nexus 4 is far superior to your phablet any and every day of the week.

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I couldnt help but laugh when I read this..... You really consider all this superior? Really? First off bigger is not always better, I guarantee you dont look as cool as the rest of us holding that huge tablet up to your ear holding a conversation. Two, S Pen, seriously? Its a stylus bro, call it what it is and using a stylus has never been cool. Three, if your battery is so awesome why do you need to remove it and why do you need two? And last, best carrier, this is a joke right? By best you mean best at nickle and diming you to death and charging twice what the phone is worth and twice what their service is worth? The Nexus 4 is far superior to your phablet any and every day of the week.

You do know this is opinion right? Your opinion is not superior to his because you don't agree with what he thinks. I will say FACT wise the nexus 4 does have its shortcomings, I still like mine but i still use the note 2 as my daily driver as att and T-Mobile suck service wise. Another FACT is Verizon is the best carrier sorry you had a bad experience but everyone and their mother can tell you that Verizon has the best coverage, reliable service and best customer care. They don't get rated number one by picking a name out of the hat, they are chosen by real world results and surveys. Sorry but go poop on someone else's parade.......

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
In my experience, the update helped a great deal. Streaming audio over Bluetooth in the car used to kill my GNex battery and it wasn't all that great on the N4 out of box. Now, I'm not reaching for a charger every time I get out of the car.

noname2013

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I got my phone 10 days ago. About 30 minutes after I turned it on, I received the OTA update notice and installed 4.2.2. No comparison to the 4.2.1, but I am happy with the battery life.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-03-03-22-37-13.png
    Screenshot_2013-03-03-22-37-13.png
    172 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_2013-03-03-22-37-32.png
    Screenshot_2013-03-03-22-37-32.png
    89.4 KB · Views: 15

pespule

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads