Inking a webpage - Best approach?

Paul Note8

Dec 25, 2017
Visit site
I'm the proud owner of a new Note with some help from the T mobile BOGO offer. I'm trying to learn pen use and particularly would like to be able to add notes to web pages and then save. The basic function of Samsung Notes allows writing on the current screen image of a web page and saving. But I would like to mark on a whole page, beyond the visibly part, and to save the text of page, not just an image.

Saving the page as a PDF then marking, seemed like could be best bet, and I've tried a couple free web to pdf aps, but have not found a suitable one as yet. ( Pages were not saved as text or inking didn't work.)

So I'll be very appreciative of some good hints to make this work!

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I use Dolphin web browser and have Web to PDF add on. I save web pages as PDF and write on them using Write on PDF app.

Paul Note8

Dec 25, 2017
Visit site
Thsnk you guys! I've experimented with both Dolphin and scroll capture now. Both could do trick in a pinch.
However, Dolphin -as far as I've found- turns a web page into a series of image pages in a pdf.

While scroll capture makes a long single image. Neither of which are easy to copy text from.

On my desktop, Microsoft Edge allows 'print to pdf' that produces a web like pdf with text and pictures, not just an image.

That is what I was hoping for. But Android Edge doesn't seem to support. But maybe too much to ask for a phone device...