Inner Screen Self-Locking

ArtSil

Jan 3, 2024
Visit site
Good day, Everyone!

Few days ago changed my phone from S20 Ultra to Z Fold 5. As soon as I started the phone, got plenty updates. After all setting up completed and data was transferred, I noticed that my inner Screen is looking by itself during.

For example, surfing in the Google Chrome and then suddenly screen turns to the Locked one.

Actions Done:
1) Time out time increasead;
2) double tap to turn off screen - Off;

Regarding the case: I took spigen slim armor pro, which is not creating the problems or pressing some buttons.

Who had any issues like this? What to do?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I can't think of anything. A app acting up maybe. First thing you should try now is put it in safe mode. If it does it in safe mode then I would get the phone replaced. If it doesn't do it in safe mode then it's probably one of your apps. Then you have the fun process of trying to figure out which app is causing the issue.

If it doesn't do it in safe mode here are some things to consider or try. Is it only doing it while you have the phone open to the inside screen? If so I'm betting there's an app you have that's not designed for the fold. Pay attention to if it is happening while you are using a certain app. Are you using a third party launcher like nova? Third party launcher could have separate settings for lock screen.

Reactions: J Dubbs

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
You wearing a watch or ring and does it have any magnets such as in the clasp? Any other magnets that come near the device?

Someone else had this issue with a folding phone and the solution was something else, but I don't quite remember...

Reactions: J Dubbs and ironass

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I like @fuzzylumpkin's suggestion about magnets near the Fold5 as it has, I believe, 5 internal magnets.

Also, as you have done so many updates since receiving your device, you should wipe the cache partition and repair your apps. See. the sticky at the top of the forum...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Good day, Everyone!

Few days ago changed my phone from S20 Ultra to Z Fold 5. As soon as I started the phone, got plenty updates. After all setting up completed and data was transferred, I noticed that my inner Screen is looking by itself during.

For example, surfing in the Google Chrome and then suddenly screen turns to the Locked one.

Actions Done:
1) Time out time increasead;
2) double tap to turn off screen - Off;

Regarding the case: I took spigen slim armor pro, which is not creating the problems or pressing some buttons.

Who had any issues like this? What to do?
Welcome to AC!
Some good suggestions let us know.

Reactions: J Dubbs and ironass

ArtSil

Jan 3, 2024
Visit site
Gentleman, Good day and Sorry for long reply. Two days passed and seems like probeme has gone. I received some intstructions from Samsung Support and the step of Save Mode was similar to suggested here from the beginning. One day i was using Smartphone in Safe Mode without any porblems. After all I started investigation of apps I am using the most. First to Delete were Telegram and Messenger. Again everything was working normally. I re-installed the apps and seems like the flight is passing well.😄
Hope that nothing will happen again and for me will remain familiarisation with the phone.
I can't think of anything. A app acting up maybe. First thing you should try now is put it in safe mode. If it does it in safe mode then I would get the phone replaced. If it doesn't do it in safe mode then it's probably one of your apps. Then you have the fun process of trying to figure out which app is causing the issue.

If it doesn't do it in safe mode here are some things to consider or try. Is it only doing it while you have the phone open to the inside screen? If so I'm betting there's an app you have that's not designed for the fold. Pay attention to if it is happening while you are using a certain app. Are you using a third party launcher like nova? Third party launcher could have separate settings for lock screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000