inspire noob

jas1313

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
questions on the inspire 4g 2.3.3 with sense 2.1. i was wanting to root but cannot find simple root. is ace ok? better question is what do i loose when i root? i guess ive heard good things about rooting but the cons seem to be a hush topic. i know the topic is probably beat to death but hey, getting tired of dead ends.

frmorrison

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
questions on the inspire 4g 2.3.3 with sense 2.1. i was wanting to root but cannot find simple root. is ace ok? better question is what do i loose when i root?

There is a Rooting sub-forum that has discussions on cons.
Ace Hack Kit is the only solution for 2.3.3 rooting.
You could lose your warranty when you root (people have unrooted if they need service and that worked), but you may get away with it. You could really brick your phone if you mess with the protected files.

jlgroves1

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
uninstall the hack kit you downloaded. Make sure that all anti virus/ anti malware programs are not running or uninstall them too. Re-install the ace hack kit. run it again following ALL instructions (the effen manual). If you still run into the problem you may need to install from a different computer or boot into Ubuntu on your computer (Ubuntu is free and can be downloaded from their site) and reinstall the hack kit there and run it again. not all anti malware software has an easy interface to turn it off or remove it. you may just have to dig deeper to find what is running.

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Do it! It's really very easy now with the ace hack kit as long as u follow the instructions. Read the effin manual, read it again & go for it! The ONLY con is u lose your warranty but it's also very easy to flash back to stock & S-on if u need to return it for warranty but it is actually pretty hard to brick it tho. The only way i've ever heard of ppl hard bricking their inspire's is by flashing radio's but that's not really ever necessary IMO. There's just so many amazing ROMS for the inspire/DHD that there's no really goot reason not to root. Root & enjoy the limitess possibilities!

deeteroderdas

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I agree, rooting is a 10-fold improvement, IMO. And, the MIUI ROM (with the TalkbACK kernel patch) makes out seem like a new phone. My Quadrant score jumped up to a 2085.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmax36884