Installing a ZAGG Invisible shield damaged my display. What to do now?

anon(538593)

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
So after having a bad time with some cheapy screen protectors on eBay, I bought an invisible shield (liquid application) screen protector from Amazon and, long story short, not only did it get covered in black lint from their cleaning cloth (had to send the protector straight to the trash) but the liquid used to apply it managed to seep past the glass of the screen and cause damage to the display backlight. I installed the protector as per the instructions: phone off and battery out, spray only contacted the protector; the damage was not apparent until a few minutes after the first power up. The damage to the screen appears to be just the backlight, it is extremely dim even at the highest brightness setting, and everything has a blue hue to it.

So my question is, what do I do with the phone at this point? I'm sure I'll only waste my time trying to get something from company that made the screen protector, and I'm also sure Sprint will do nothing for me either (phone was bought used through eBay). A new screen off eBay would cost $105 bucks, which I wouldn't pay because I paid $120 for the entire phone, and I could get a GNex for $180-200. I would like to not have to buy a new screen or phone, but at this point I find myself short on options.

Any advice/recommendations guys? (Other than to never use a screen protector again. I realize they're all absolute trash now.)

anon(538593)

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Quick question: Are our D720 NS4Gs compatible with the SCLCD used in the i9023 NS? I can get an LCD much cheaper than the LED screen in that comes with the US models.