Internal Storage mysteriously filling up

Geminijen529

Jul 17, 2018
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S7 with a 32GB internal drive and 180GB SD card. I store everything that CAN be stored on the SD card (music, photos, documents, misc. files, and apps that can be moved there). Normally I have approximately 3 GB of space left on my internal storage. When apps update through the Google Play Store, I immediately move any "movable" apps back to the SD card utilizing AppMgrIII. I regularly clear the app cache, delete my call log and text messages, and run the Device Maintenance in my settings on the phone. For the past week, I've been getting alerts that my internal storage is full. This occurs without me installing any new apps, taking photos (which are stored on the SD card by default), or downloading any new files. I cannot identify anything that seems to be taking up the space. And without doing anything, suddenly the internal storage goes back down to having approximately 3 GB left. I cleared the app cache partition but that hasn't helped. Has anyone else experienced this issue and/or have a suggestion about where to start trying to troubleshoot it? My next step is to do a factory re-set, but I would obviously prefer to avoid that if I can. Thanks!