Internet tabs/bottom of screen missing

boboman2

Apr 9, 2023
Visit site
Since 3 days ago, no updates done, I lost my internet tabs at the bottom of the screen. I now have to go into grid form to delete each page it was so much easier to just scroll through them left and right and revisit or delete.

Has anyone else seen or experienced this problem and what is the fix? Or is this just Chrome testing something out?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! First, are you certain you're using Chrome, and not Samsung Internet? I've never seen tabs along the bottom of the screen using Chrome on my Pixel phones.

In addition, for several months now, the browser tab manager shows up as a list for me, not a grid of thumbnails.

What version of Chrome is your phone running?

boboman2

Apr 9, 2023
Visit site
This is what it used to look like at the bottom. I had to go on Chrome Beta to show you, but the thumbnails disappear after 10 minutes. I've had thumbnails since I got the phone. Neither Chrome or Chrome Beta show this anymore, unless I uninstall and reinstall them. But it only works for 5-10 minutes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230409_170444_Chrome Beta.jpg
    Screenshot_20230409_170444_Chrome Beta.jpg
    500.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh ok, I read about what you're talking about here: https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/...rip-for-chrome-on-android/?newsletter_popup=1

But from what I can tell, this was always something that you had to activate using a flag -- is that how you got yours to appear? Flags are always experimental, and they can disappear at any time, depending on the development cycle. If it's something the Chrome team feels should go prime-time, then it shows up as an actual feature in the app's settings. Otherwise, it's just gone.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's always been on my phone, since day 1.
In that case, I wonder if that might've been a little tweak that Chrome on Samsung devices had. There have been some other features that seemed to be present only on Chrome that came preinstalled on Samsung devices, compared to Chrome on Pixels and other devices. @mustang7757, do you recall seeing this on your Samsung phones?

Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
In that case, I wonder if that might've been a little tweak that Chrome on Samsung devices had. There have been some other features that seemed to be present only on Chrome that came preinstalled on Samsung devices, compared to Chrome on Pixels and other devices. @mustang7757, do you recall seeing this on your Samsung phones?
No not that I know of on Samsung , might be chrome flag tweak

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Since you're on Beta, make sure to give feedback to the developer about how much you like the feature.