Intrusive Ads - Yahoo - Blocking?

Macpherson1

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
I use Yahoo Mail standard on my Samsung A51. I installed Adblock Browser some time ago. A certain amount of ads, such as in the headline banner, I can live with as part of the "service". But throughout the Messages In and Out I am bombarded with pop-up ads which are really intrusive, almost an abuse. I have tried to disable these via the Verison Cookie settings but without success. Is there anything else I can do?

Surprisingly these have not been a problem to date where I use Yahoo Mail on my Windows 7 (Chrome) desktop where I have also got Adblock Plus installed.

==
Separately: The Rotate Screen icon seems to have disappeared from my screen. How can I restore it?

Macpherson1

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
I've now found that you can pull down the full menu of icons part of which was hidden including the Portrait one, thanks.

This is actually off topic. My main concern was / is how to stop the intrusive pop-up ads in Yahoo Mail on this Android device.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There may not be any good way to do that. How important is it to use the Yahoo Mail app? I have all of my Yahoo mail forwarded automatically to my Gmail account, and use the Gmail app to access it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've now found that you can pull down the full menu of icons part of which was hidden including the Portrait one, thanks.

This is actually off topic. My main concern was / is how to stop the intrusive pop-up ads in Yahoo Mail on this Android device.
Thats great you found it , for ads on the yahoo mail.app not sure , maybe try Chrome instead of the app or another email app.to access yahoo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pedroharoo