iOS 5 vs. Android 2.3 Gingerbread vs. Windows Phone 7 Mango vs. Blackberry 7 OS

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: iOS 5 vs. Android 2.3 Gingerbread vs. Windows Phone 7 Mango v

Windows Phone 7 seems to have a lot of promise. It still isn't Android but I do like it better than IOS. I'm too heavily integrated into Google to switch to windows though.

Formula84

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

I am hoping WP7 makes good ground over the next year. I was a WM fan for years and now have been moved to the dark side.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

I am hoping WP7 makes good ground over the next year. I was a WM fan for years and now have been moved to the dark side.

darkside? ios?

:D

I consider Android the greenside!

drethos

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Windows Phone 7 seems to have a lot of promise. It still isn't Android but I do like it better than IOS. I'm too heavily integrated into Google to switch to windows though.

Last time i used a wm7 i broke the phone good by opening the browser. it just died in an att store. personally i hate anything windows so i hope the windows phones go the way of the zune, alot of money wasted for meh products.
Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Major

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

The Zune HD was a great device, but it was poorly marketed. Plus, it was way late to the party. Still, the Zune Pass is a good music service.

By this time next year I fully expect WP7 to make up alot of ground.

rizzman

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

That chart is a joke and misleading! Probably put together by the stooges over at....you know where.
stooges.gif

LOL.......

Plus phone to phone messaging?....There are many cross platform messengers out there that APPLE USES(third party) to get the check in that column in the chart. Until imessage hits the masses apple can not claim they have a unique messenger a al BBM. Anything apple currently you too can use on android or bb Sorry.

Last edited:

thekylebrody

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Its all preference.. if a quick access to the camera button really weighs that much in your decision go with that..
Androids ecosystem has so much more to offer and more intuitiveness

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Huff

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

Not mentioned is WebOS. It's problem is lack of hardware and apps but the OS is way ahead of iOS or Android for its multi-tasking and simplicity in use.

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site

Raise your hand if you dont care about twitter integration! This is so biased its not even funny. What about 4G, gmail integration and a decent pull down bar (ios5 is on par with cupcake)

keith2k1

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site

That image seems like a list put together by Apple for Apple fanboys.

phone to phone messaging? Google Talk, EVERY Android has it.
newspaper subs? Android has all sorts of news paper subs, WSJ, NYT, Kindle
quick camera access? press and hold camera button, iPhone's dont even have this!
tabbed browsing? BS. All Androids have this from stock browser and 3rd party
rich text email? again, BS, all Androids have this from stock email and 3rd party
wifi sync? BS, I have Android phones with no cell service and they function 100% on Wifi

that list is stupid.. Get whatever device you're comfortable with, but dont get a list that's totally made by Apple and is completely lying.
Is there another list out?

PapaSmurf6768

Themer
Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

This is ANDROID Central, and you're going to put up that Apple-biased POS!?!? BAN HIM!
(Lol jk, but it is a pretty ridonculous chart).
For some reason I this made me remember this picture back from when the iTampon was released...
blutack.jpg

shingi_70

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Alittle late in the thread but you can't compare any of the operating systems. A more fair comparison would be Ice Cream Sandwhich vs Ios 5 vs Mango vs os 7

All of these are coming out in the same time period and it will be easier comparing these. Os 7 is the first one gone as its pretty much BB os 6.1

accessoiresfr

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site

I'm planning on getting the Atrix this Sunday but I didn't know Android doesn't have tabbed browsing or Rich Text Emails. Anyone know if Honeycomb will or another udpate?

I also have to admit that it sounds like Windows Phone (Mango) is getting a lot better. I'm very interested in this down the road. I'm currently a BlackBerry user and feel the others are blazing past RIM as they sit around and do nothing. Which is why I'm looking to go to an Android device soon this weekend! But looking this chart over, it seems Android should consider some of these updates if they haven't already.

This is from PC Magazine

iOSMangoOS7GingerbreadComparison.gif
[/IMG]

Very clear distinction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caroltheresa61