IR Remote Control

Sir Jordan

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hey,
I am looking for an app that i can use to control my stereo it is a roberts sound 66, so i really would like something that i could either search for the codes manually by continually changing the wave length or i could use the remote i have to send the phone the codes or something.

I cannot for the life of me find an app that i can control my stereo with, Any ideas?

The best i could find was BlueIR but you have to buy some hardware, and i can't find that on the internet anywhere

Thanks Jordan

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey,
I am looking for an app that i can use to control my stereo it is a roberts sound 66, so i really would like something that i could either search for the codes manually by continually changing the wave length or i could use the remote i have to send the phone the codes or something.

I cannot for the life of me find an app that i can control my stereo with, Any ideas?

The best i could find was BlueIR but you have to buy some hardware, and i can't find that on the internet anywhere

Thanks Jordan

What about the one that comes pre-installed "Watch On". I use it for my Direct Tv. It has many other companies to choose from. Hope that works.

Posted via Android Central App

jordo487

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
My experience with it on my tab 3, and look forward to using it on my gear 2 and s5, is that it's pretty robust and can control just about everything.

Posted via Android Central App

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I confess to being somewhat unhappy with the Sammy app, by Peel. I use a monitor directly on the my AT&T UVerse box, sound goes to my computer then audio system. There is no volume control on the monitor, the UVerse box has volume built into it. The Sammy app has no facility to control volume through the set top box. You can't tell it there is no TV. I wrote them emails, sent in a feature request, gave em a bad review, nothing.

OTOH Touchsquid (its expensive) was completely responsive, no problem to set it up that way. I sent them a request to add an FTA satellite box and they added it straight away. Very responsive to all requests. Also, I can copy off to my computer the room configuration files for backup making restore easy on reset or new phone.

I have no financial interest, just a happy user. Best app I have found.