Remote Control of Tab S9 Series?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I use a bluetooth mouse to remotely choose and play a movie or TV series from HBO Max, or as it is now known, just Max.

The one fly in the ointment is controlling media volume while watching. Most media apps have built-in volume control, albeit hard to find and not accessed in a standard way. AFAIK Max has no such control.

Does anyone know an elegant way to control volume remotely with bluetooth without stopping the video to go to settings to set the volume, then migrate back to the video, etc. etc. etc. ?

Thanks!

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
How could I use s-pen to control volume while watching a movie across the room (without stopping the movie)?

The mouse is fine for everything but volume.
Are you not aware that the S-Pen has Bluetooth? Just press and hold the button and raise the Pen to raise the volume.

You can also shout "INCREASIO!" if you are into Harry potter.

Go to Settings>Advanced Options>S-Pen>Air Actions for more details.

Reactions: BerryBubbles

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I got it now. I would prefer a less demonstrative way (like scrolling a mouse) but it does work.

Thanks! Never knew that function!

Can I remotely (10 feet away) open a folder on the desktop and select max, then scroll to my movie then click to start it (somehow) using the s-pen?

Last edited:

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Maybe... but you would probably need the routines+ good lock module and some routines. Honestly, I'd just suggest getting a streaming stick for your tv.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Maybe... but you would probably need the routines+ good lock module and some routines. Honestly, I'd just suggest getting a streaming stick for your tv.

No, I'm using a Tab S9 Ultra as a media streaming device. No tv involved. I control it with a little bluetooth mouse which does everything but control volume. I can get out of app and adjust vo with a widget on my homescreen and most streaming apps have a way to change vol on the screen as you watch. Only Max doesn't.

The s-pen works as you explained but I still need the mouse for navigating the screen and turning apps on and off etc. Trying to get by with one bluetooth device.

Last edited:

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
No, I'm using a Tab S9 Ultra as a media streaming device. No tv involved. I control it with a little bluetooth mouse which does everything but control volume. I can get out of app and adjust vo with a widget on my homescreen and most streaming apps have a way to change vol on the screen as you watch. Only Max doesn't.

The s-pen works as you explained but I still need the mouse for navigating the screen and turning apps on and off etc. Trying to get by with one bluetooth device.
Ah, OK. I bet you can get an android compatible Bluetooth media remote... You might also consider just shouting at it. With Google Assistant, I mean. Or switching to a keyboard rather than a mouse, maybe one with a trackpad...but arrow keys are enough to clunkilly navigate.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Ah, OK. I bet you can get an android compatible Bluetooth media remote... You might also consider just shouting at it. With Google Assistant, I mean. Or switching to a keyboard rather than a mouse, maybe one with a trackpad...but arrow keys are enough to clunkilly navigate.
None of those allow changing volume while watching Max movie without navigating out of the movie, changing vol, navigating back and hoping now vol is just right.

Your s-pen suggestion does the trick and I appreciate the suggestions!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred