Is anyone else having issues with Android Auto on S10e? Honda Accord if that matters?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi everyone,
Hoping you can help. Bought a new car... my old phone didn't really work with AA reliably so I had to buy a new phone. Settled on Samsung S10e. I listen to Google play almost all the time, but every time I have the car play a gchat message (used for work) or FB message, it stops the audio on the music (I can see it's still playing) and then crashes my phone and reboots it. This is super frustrating when the phone is also the Nav and I didn't pay for the Navigation on the car (why when it's on my phone?!?).
Please help - phone is 3 weeks old, car is only months old. This is getting expensive and frustrating!
Thanks
Erica

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried doing the same but NOT in Android Auto, just connecting your phone to your car's Bluetooth? (You'll have to allow message access to the system or it won't work).

The reason I ask is because I had a similar issue and the bug was with the car's system...and my audio system didn't have Android Auto. Toyota Prius, same symptoms. When I received a text and I asked the car to play it (since it won't let you read it on screen), it would read the text, but as soon as it was finished, there was no more media audio. Had to disconnect/re-connect the phone to get it back.

I currently use an S10 but on a Hyundai Sonata with Android Auto and have had no issues (currently renting a Kia Forte, also with Android Auto, no issues). T-Mobile variant in case it makes a difference.

Nona ur Business

Feb 10, 2023
Visit site
Have you tried doing the same but NOT in Android Auto, just connecting your phone to your car's Bluetooth? (You'll have to allow message access to the system or it won't work).

The reason I ask is because I had a similar issue and the bug was with the car's system...and my audio system didn't have Android Auto. Toyota Prius, same symptoms. When I received a text and I asked the car to play it (since it won't let you read it on screen), it would read the text, but as soon as it was finished, there was no more media audio. Had to disconnect/re-connect the phone to get it back.

I currently use an S10 but on a Hyundai Sonata with Android Auto and have had no issues (currently renting a Kia Forte, also with Android Auto, no issues). T-Mobile variant in case it makes a difference.

I am experiencing an issue with my 2006 Hummer h2sut. I think someone has programmed into the head unit of my car and has the car to shut down basically act like it's out of gas at a certain mileage then when you put gas back in it it will automatically start. I want to know can Android auto shut your car down if it can it's dangerous

Nona ur Business

Feb 10, 2023
Visit site
I don't have Bluetooth on my 06 hummer. What I do have is a connection that you plug in to an outlet to play Bluetooth and I think Android auto through Google maps has figured out a way to tell my car it's out of gas at a certain mileage. Because when I put gas in it it would automatically start back up which is crazy because it should take some time for the gas to get from the gas tank to the engine I think there is someone controlling my car. So what I'm going to do is to disconnect the battery connect it back up and that will reset everything in that car I hope it doesn't work then I'm going to throw away the Bluetooth and just listen to the radio or CDs I can't have this thing shutting down while I'm driving it is dangerous

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Android Auto does not have that level of access to the infotaiment system (let alone the actual car controls), so even if you had a malicious app installed (which, by the way, would have had to be side-loaded and not installed through the Play Store), it would not be able to access that 'far' into the system. Also, if you have Android Auto in the vehicle, you have bluetooth (AA does not work without it).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have the factory-installed head unit, or an aftermarket unit?

There's simply no way Google Maps or Android Auto would be causing your car to act like that. If you have an aftermarket Android head unit installed, there's a much better chance that it's glitchy or malfunctioning. The problem with most aftermarket Android head units is that they're no-name or off-brand products direct from China with no quality control and no support.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I am experiencing an issue with my 2006 Hummer h2sut. I think someone has programmed into the head unit of my car and has the car to shut down basically act like it's out of gas at a certain mileage then when you put gas back in it it will automatically start. I want to know can Android auto shut your car down if it can it's dangerous

No AA cant shut your car down