Is it necessary to pay for two types of insurance to AT&T for expensive phones?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I am paying for multi-device protection insurance $25.97 for my family and $8.99 extra on two of those phones that are Android V20's. The salesman explained it in a way that kind of made sense regarding claim limits and that I would need the extra insurance in case I had too many claims in one year or something. He is also the same salesman who told me we could keep our Comcast email address if we switched everything over to AT&T (internet, cable, house phones) which I found out later, you can but you have to make sure you sign into your parent and regular email every three months or you lose it. I don't even know if I can still get into my Comcast parent email, we never use it, we all have our own individual addresses anyway. So I don't know if I can trust what he told me. Any comments?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There's a limit per phone, usually twice a year, on claims. If your family is the type that breaks phones more often than that, the $9/month is $108 to save about $240 each time the V20s have to be replaces after the first two that year. Does it pay? Only you can decide that. (I've never broken a phone, in about 15 years, but that's me.)

As for the Comcast email account, if you don't use it, who cares? I probably have a Spectrum email address - I've never looked in the 5 years I've had them, I use my gmail address. The only thing I do differently is use my Google Voice number for everything. (I don't even know my cell number [but I have it in Contacts just in case]. I've been using the same number for every carrier I've had, just changing the forwarding to the new number. If you like the number you have, port it to GV for a one-time $20 fee, then it stays with you no matter where you go, with no porting worries. [Hangouts dialer takes care of the outgoing calls to keep your callerID the GV number for voice and text.])

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TripleU ®