Is it possible to disable the HAXM feature required for an AVD based on Intel x86 CPU?

Thomas_George

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
My Android Studio is the latest version V3.5. I can create AVDs in my AVD Manager.
But I couldn't successfully install the HAXM driver on my Windows 7 64-bit at all.
I have enabled the VT-x in BIOS settings. I failed with the error message: "failed to configure driver unknown error. failed to open driver." when I tried to install the 'Intel Hardware Accelerated Execution Manager V7.5.2. Certainly, I had uninstalled my security software in advance.

On the other hand, there is not any other system images available over SDK API 25 in the SDK Manager. There are only images based on Intel atom CPU.

So, is it possible to disable the HAXM feature required for an AVD based on Intel x86 CPU as my HAXM driver doesn't work at all?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Is the driver labeled for Windows 10? Or just universal x64? (You don't want an x86 driver for an x64 if you can help it.)

Thomas_George

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
Is the driver labeled for Windows 10? Or just universal x64? (You don't want an x86 driver for an x64 if you can help it.)
Thank you, sir. I got the 'Intel Hardware Accelerated Execution Manager' V7.5.2 from SDK Manager.
After lots of google and study, I found that maybe there is no way to disable the HAXM feature required for an AVD based on intel CPU. And I worked out the issue "failed to configure driver unknown error. failed to open driver." . My HAXM device works fine now.
Thank you all.

Last edited: