Is the battery Normal?

HypoDest

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Seems about right. As long as the awake chart closely matches the onscreen chart, the phone is running optimally. 100% battery should give somewhere between 6.5 to7.5 hours onscreen time

Sent from my GT-N7100

SumthinNew

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Seems about right. As long as the awake chart closely matches the onscreen chart, the phone is running optimally. 100% battery should give somewhere between 6.5 to7.5 hours onscreen time

Sent from my GT-N7100

Interested in your comments, would you be able to provide more details on why the onscreen and awake bar graph needs to match.

HypoDest

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Interested in your comments, would you be able to provide more details on why the onscreen and awake bar graph needs to match.

When the phone isn't awake, it enters sleep or deep sleep mode which are both highly energy efficient (about 1-3% per 24 hours).

During the time its awake, either the user is actively using the phone (which is usually logged as onscreen time)
Or the phone is in wakelock i.e. awake in the background.

Wakelocks include important tasks like email syncing.
But can also be caused by rogue apps or settings which wasted battery life without providing much use or benefits. Even using high frequency syncing is often a waste of battery life so we want to minimize wakelocks to essential tasks.

Easiest way to diagnose a wakelock is by checking if the phone is frequently or continuously awake when the screen is off.

Sent from my GT-N7100

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I never go higher then 40% to 50% screen brightness. If I have just charged my Note 2 I get about 6 hours of on screen time before I go under 30% battery life.

I notice I get on average one hour ever 10% of battery drain. It depends on what I'm using the screen for though. If I'm using tapatalk or am surfing a website with a dark background, I can get even more on screen time.

The worst for me is using Chrome. It uses way more battery then the default stock browser.

If I'm watching video I get a good 8 hours of on screen time. Yes I've watched 8 hours of video non stop. It was a live stream of a friends Halo 4 tournament, lol.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4 Beta