Is the Mophie Juice Pack worth the Money?

AlwaysSmile

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Mophie is currently accepting pre-orders for their Juice Pack battery case which will ship by the end of this month for $99.95 USD (Free Shipping).
The question here is, is it worth the money? They claim you get additional 80% battery life with their 3450mAh Juice Pack Battery Case but all for this steep price of $99.95, or since the G4 has a removable battery its just a waste of money since you could just pop in a new battery at any given moment without the need of adding extra bulk to the phone!
What's your thoughts?
You could see more here Shop juice pack Battery Case for LG G4 - Free Shipping | mophie

Posted via the Android Central App on My T-Mobile LG G4

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Since LG is currently giving seat an extra 3,000mAh battery and a charger for it, kinda seems silly to spend $100 to add the bulk. Of course, with the case you don't need to worry about carrying it or if it's charged since its built in.

This would be all personal preference.

Posted via the Android Central App

yeah yeah

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Guess it depends. Can you "afford" to turn your phone off and swap batteries? Some people don't want to, and rather just flick the switch to get more juice. But LG has a promotion right now for a free battery and battery charger when you get your G4. Go with that option for now since it's free (if you're stateside), and if that doesn't work go with the zero lemon or mophie.

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Like others said the extra battery is free. If you don't like swapping, then get an extended battery.

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Like others said the extra battery is free. If you don't like swapping, then get an extended battery.

Or an external battery pack. Go to Amazon and search for "android battery pack" or similar. That way no need to remove the case to swap battery. Just use the pack like a charger.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Or an external battery pack. Go to Amazon and search for "android battery pack" or similar. That way no need to remove the case to swap battery. Just use the pack like a charger.

I have an external 16k mAh Anker one -- It didn't work so good with my S6 but with my G4 it does. My S6 seemed to want quick charge otherwise it took 10 years haha.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have that too but personally it isn't as convenient as spare battery or extended battery.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Man, talk about something that really takes away from the sleekness, hold-ability and overall aesthetics......
You could put a flat rock in there and it would look the same...LOL

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen em yet for the G4 but other phones with removable batteries usually have extended batteries available on eBay. There are some for the LG G3 which have a custom replacement back and a 7000+ mAh battery. I've seen them for $20 or so. Just gotta be wary of the cheap Chinese batteries...

spiraleze

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I have an PowerBot external battery pack 7200 mAh and the benefit of that is it can be used on most of my devices (phone, tablet, headphones, etc.) current and future (at least as long as USB is in use). Whereas this battery case is only for a G4 phone.

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Man, talk about something that really takes away from the sleekness, hold-ability and overall aesthetics......
You could put a flat rock in there and it would look the same...LOL

I ditto that!

Posted with LG G4 via the Android Central App

frifred

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I have a myCharge Amp Max Rechargeable 6000 mAh Battery external battery pack. This particular model is being discontinued, so you can pick it up on Amazon now for only $30.45.

I live in New Hampshire and we get snow and power outages in the winter, so I keep this as a backup for recharging my phone when this happens. It has come in handy a few times!!