Is the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 still worth it in 2016?? Should i get it??

ShaunAFC3

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
I am looking for a new tablet soon and the tablet that i am interested in is the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 which has been released over 2 years ago in 2014 and i know there are much more newer and better(and more powerful) Android tablets like the Pixel C, Tab S2 and the most recent one is the Huawei MediaPad M3 which has the same sceen size 8.4 inches and is a lot more powerful and future proof compared to the Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 and don't get me wrong guys i would love to get the MediaPad M3 but i can't really afford it sadly. :( :(

So my only option is the Galaxy Tab 8.4 and i know it won't get Lollipop but i am happy enough staying on my Android favourite version KitKat haha. :D :D

I am looking to use Tab Pro 8.4 for web browsing, video watching and more importantly graphic intensive gaming and some productivity/content creation(going to use it for photo editing).

So everyone Is the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 still worth it in 2016?? Should i get it?? and is the Tab Pro 8.4 powerful enough for graphic intensive games like Asphalt 8, Gangster Vegas 4 and Unkilled and photo editing?? Since the Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 is over 2 years old now. :)

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My mother has a Tab Pro 8.4, and she loves it. Screen is excellent, and sound is pretty good. Performance is still snappy. Overall build quality is impressive. I haven't tested out any big games on it, though.

I will move this to the Tab Pro 8.4 forum, where you'll get more specific traffic.

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I have the pro 8.4 and I bought my wife the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8". Personally while the specs may not be as good I like her tablet more than mine. I and others have had problems with wifi connections (you may not). Can you even buy a pro 8.4 new? I saw the tab a 8 selling in Costco while in Florida in June for $159.99.
If you can find one I think you would enjoy it for the use you have mentioned.
personally don't think either would be a good gaming tablet.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I've owned a Tab Pro 8.4 for the last few years and it has been working great. Super hi-res screen, good sized screen, great battery life... It has everything except it's discontinued and won't be getting any future OS updates. I use it as a general tablet for web surfing, checking emails, and streaming videos from my home media server, Hulu, and Netflix.

Personally, I'm not sure why Samsung discontinued this model or stopped with the OS updates. But in any case, I would actually recommend buying a newer model that is still in production if your budget permits. I would only get one if it was less than $150 US or so.

anon(18763)

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I have had the tablet for over A year and some change, and I bought it factory refurbished. I really like it overall but you need to read up on the battery/ bootloop issues in this forum . Mine had it and I replaced the battery. It works now but I still think it drains way faster than it should.

I would recommend the nvidia shield tablet if you can catch one on sale or maybe a nexus 9. Use slickdeals.net to track prices and catch one on sale.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d