Is there a accurate Watch Face out there that shows Watch and Phone battery?

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I've had the Galaxy Watch since March and have played around a lot with faces for it that supposedly show both the Watch and the Phone battery strength. I had many of these on my Moto360 Gen2 watch that I replaced with this Galaxy watch. The Moto faces I used would keep updated with battery strength throughout the day. Every watch face I've tried with the Galaxy tells me I've got 100% most of the day. Occasionally it'll update and show where it's gone from 100%, down to something else, ex. 87%, 56%, etc, without showing any other decreases in between those. Some days, I go all day long with the watch showing I'm at 100%, even though the phone is lower.

I have a Galaxy Note8 and decided to go Galaxy Watch, thinking they would actually be more compatible. It seems like I had better interoperability with the Android Watch than I do with this Tizan based watch, even though it's all part of the same ecosystem by Samsung.

Does anyone out there know of a watch face, Paid or Free, that accurately represents Phone battery strength?

Thanks
John

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I've had the Galaxy Watch since March and have played around a lot with faces for it that supposedly show both the Watch and the Phone battery strength. I had many of these on my Moto360 Gen2 watch that I replaced with this Galaxy watch. The Moto faces I used would keep updated with battery strength throughout the day. Every watch face I've tried with the Galaxy tells me I've got 100% most of the day. Occasionally it'll update and show where it's gone from 100%, down to something else, ex. 87%, 56%, etc, without showing any other decreases in between those. Some days, I go all day long with the watch showing I'm at 100%, even though the phone is lower.

I have a Galaxy Note8 and decided to go Galaxy Watch, thinking they would actually be more compatible. It seems like I had better interoperability with the Android Watch than I do with this Tizan based watch, even though it's all part of the same ecosystem by Samsung.

Does anyone out there know of a watch face, Paid or Free, that accurately represents Phone battery strength?

Thanks
John

Limited options from Galaxy App Store. All in one is pretty good, but you'll need the free GDP app which actually sends battery info to the GW. Also, you'll need to make sure the Android OS isn't optimizing the app, so that it will continue to run in the background to update frequently.

Otherwise, you'll need to go the Facer route.

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Where will I find the AIO? I just installed the Galaxy Watch Design program so I can install other faces found around here and other areas instead of relying on Samsung store and Facer. Is the GDP app the same as the Watch Designer app? And, I'm not exactly sure how to verify if the Apps are being optimized or allowed to run fully in the background. I know I've checked and made certain that nearly all the permissions were allowed under Facer. That's the only app, other than Samsung Store, that I get my faces from.

Thanks
John

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Thanks. Where will I find the AIO? I just installed the Galaxy Watch Design program so I can install other faces found around here and other areas instead of relying on Samsung store and Facer. Is the GDP app the same as the Watch Designer app? And, I'm not exactly sure how to verify if the Apps are being optimized or allowed to run fully in the background. I know I've checked and made certain that nearly all the permissions were allowed under Facer. That's the only app, other than Samsung Store, that I get my faces from.

Thanks
John

http://apps.samsung.com/gear/appDetail.as?appId=U1buYqN5qZ

Sorry, meant to include in my first response

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
The GDP is Gear Data Provider (at the time, they were all Gear devices) and it is a simple companion app created by the same Dev for the All In One watchface. I think you have to go to Play store to download.

There are some bad reviews for that watchface, but honestly, I think it's all from people not realizing that Android is going to optimize most apps unless you go into settings and tell it not to. Now, GDP may be set to send battery info on a time interval, so it may take 5-10 minutes to update, but it seems to work fairly well. I also like the app shortcuts.