Is there a cable to connect my S5 mini to my tv?

jammodme

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
connect s5 mini to tv

I've got a Samsung s5 mini and I was wondering if there was a cable out there to connect it to the TV to watch films on ? Ive tryed a chromecast but im having trouble connecting it to wifi And does anyone get alot of freezing with this model ? thanks

neu smurph

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Check your phone's manual / specs - you are looking for Slimport or MHL compatibility to use a wired microUSB to HDMi connection. I doubt the S5 mini has either but it probably supports Miracast (another wifi streaming protocol).

Persevere with getting the Chromecast set up though - I've never had any major problem with mine and use it a lot - it is very adaptable once you understand it's limitations and strongpoints. Streaming my own media from my Plex and Subsonic servers is the main use, plus a fair amount of Play Music, Youtube, Play Movies, Google Plus Photos, and general online video via Android Chrome which can direct cast anything HTML5 compliant (basically if you can watch the video on Android Chrome you can cast it to Chromecast).

Almost never play anything that is actually on my phone, but if I do I use LocalCast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zalauf