Is there a photo gallery app that has no transition animation when flicking between pictures?

fishac147

Aug 1, 2018
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm attempting to organise my photo collection (stored in Google Photos), which involves deleting a great deal of similar "duplicate" photos. I find that all apps have some kind of transition animation when flicking from one picture to the next - this makes it difficult to make comparisons and decide which is the better photo (deleting the others in the process).

I've been searching for an app that has no transition animation for a while now. The only partial solution has been downloading the photos to a computer and organising that way, before re-uploading to Google Photos. Understandably this is more time consuming and impractical when on the move.

Does anyone know of an app with no transition animation?

p.s. Because I can save my Google Photos back to my device, the app doesn't need to integrate with the Google account (in the cloud).

p.p.s A no-transition slideshow would not fit the bill (as I need to delete pics during the browsing process)

Many thanks! :)

kgambino

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm attempting to organise my photo collection (stored in Google Photos), which involves deleting a great deal of similar "duplicate" photos. I find that all apps have some kind of transition animation when flicking from one picture to the next - this makes it difficult to make comparisons and decide which is the better photo (deleting the others in the process).

I've been searching for an app that has no transition animation for a while now. The only partial solution has been downloading the photos to a computer and organising that way, before re-uploading to Google Photos. Understandably this is more time consuming and impractical when on the move.

Does anyone know of an app with no transition animation?

p.s. Because I can save my Google Photos back to my device, the app doesn't need to integrate with the Google account (in the cloud).

p.p.s A no-transition slideshow would not fit the bill (as I need to delete pics during the browsing process)

Many thanks! :)
I use QuickPic. You can sort the photos alphabetically, and use list mode. Granted, the pics are small, but; you use the same name with numbers after them (001, 002, etc.), you can see the pics in order

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I've tried that, with no luck
Welcome to the forums. It's not exactly what you want but see if this helps. Open Google photos - select the Camera folder - long press the first photo - tap the magnifying glass and you can scroll up and down the camera roll and select any of those photos.

fishac147

Aug 1, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I don't wish to view the photos side-by-side, but rather to flick from one picture to the next such that the new photo replaces the space of the prior one (preferably in full screen mode). Kinda like as if one were constructing a stop-motion video. This way I can flick back and forth between photos to identify minor differences (and thus choose the 'perfect' photo)

I hope that helps clear up my meaning :)

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
What you want should be the default setting for the os Gallery. Boot into safe mode, open the phone gallery, and it should work as you are wanting.
Could you post a screenshot, because it seems like you are using a viewer app.
Thanks for the replies. I don't wish to view the photos side-by-side, but rather to flick from one picture to the next such that the new photo replaces the space of the prior one (preferably in full screen mode). Kinda like as if one were constructing a stop-motion video. This way I can flick back and forth between photos to identify minor differences (and thus choose the 'perfect' photo)

I hope that helps clear up my meaning :)

fishac147

Aug 1, 2018
Visit site
What you want should be the default setting for the os Gallery. Boot into safe mode, open the phone gallery, and it should work as you are wanting.
Could you post a screenshot, because it seems like you are using a viewer app.

Thanks for the reply. I've tried as suggested, but the scrolling transition animation remains.

Unfortunately, I don't think I can post links... yet, as need to post a few more times. I'll try anyway:

: Here, you can see the side-scrolling transition animation between pictures (on my Pixel XL).

: Whereas, here, using the stock "Preview" application on the mac, there is no animation between pictures. (As I click, the next picture appears without any animation). It is this lack of transition animation that I am (desperately) seeking in an android app.

Any ideas?

Many thanks :)

Last edited:

VirusCZ

Oct 31, 2021
Visit site
Hi @fishac147,
I know it's 3 years later vůz i am struggling with the same problem you did. Havel you found aby solution how to disable transition animations for photo browsing?

VirusCZ

Oct 31, 2021
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply.
Recent reviews are not very good, mainly saying that deleted photos are commonly showing up again and again. Since my main reason to use no-transition photo gallery is for deletion of almost duplicates so the reviews are concerning(?)

fishac147

Aug 1, 2018
Visit site
Hi,

I ended up using the F-Stop (Pro) app. It's not perfect (glitches etc) but it does do the instant transition between pictures.
Note, however, that if Google Photos has already backed up your phone's pictures, then if you use F-Stop to delete them then you will only be deleting the local (device) copies of the photos. [So it still requires a little work to make sure that the photos remaining in Google Photos are as required]

I hope that makes sense!

:)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I've tried as suggested, but the scrolling transition animation remains.

Unfortunately, I don't think I can post links... yet, as need to post a few more times. I'll try anyway:

https://youtu.be/Xa7OxAnGXfs: Here, you can see the side-scrolling transition animation between pictures (on my Pixel XL).

https://youtu.be/l59RgcRK-Qk: Whereas, here, using the stock "Preview" application on the mac, there is no animation between pictures. (As I click, the next picture appears without any animation). It is this lack of transition animation that I am (desperately) seeking in an android app.

Any ideas?

Many thanks :)
Your video are no longer available , what's the deal with that?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XavierusKasshh