Is There A Way To Increase The Speaker Volume Level On The EVO3D?

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way through a setting, app or hack to increase the volume of the built-in speaker when playing music or the radio through it? The sound level is just so low when I'm listening to Shoutcast radio through the speaker on my EVO3D, that I would very much welcome a method of increasing the sound level.

Thanks in advance.

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Reactions: FenixOK

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Reactions: the2ndflood

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
You do have to be rooted. It is based on Dr. Dre's Beats audio for upcoming releases of HTC devices. Here is the link to XDA for the hack.

[MOD] HTC Beats & Dolby Mobile for HTC Music - Updated 9.21.11 - xda-developers

Thanks for the link! Will this void my warranty though? I have only had this phone for a little over a week now and I'm still in that mindset where I don't want to hurt my phone by doing hacks that could effect my phone and/or warranty.

But which worked better to increase your phone's volume level; the Sound+ app, the Beats hack or are they both helping about the same? It would be nice to have a louder sound volume without having to use an app though. So I might follow the process found in the link, but I just need to know more about it though. Basically, is the hack safe and would it void my phone's warranty?

Posted From My Sprint EVO3D Using Tapatalk -

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Is There A Way To Increase The Speaker Volume Level On The EV

First of all you have to get rooted. If you have the latest bootloader then you will have to use HTC'S method. I don't have any experience with their method because I rooted before they unlocked the bootloader, then when the updates came out I flashed a custom stock ROM. There is a lot of information about this in the Rooting and Hacks section.

Also, from what I understand some parts of the warranty will be voided if you use HTC'S method to unlock the bootloader. Those who rooted using Revolutionary aren't on record and also can unroot if necessary, like to have an issue with the phone checked out.

As for the volume, I am using both the app suggested in this thread and the Beats hack.

I hope this helps! :)

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
First of all you have to get rooted. If you have the latest bootloader then you will have to use HTC'S method. I don't have any experience with their method because I rooted before they unlocked the bootloader, then when the updates came out I flashed a custom stock ROM. There is a lot of information about this in the Rooting and Hacks section.

Also, from what I understand some parts of the warranty will be voided if you use HTC'S method to unlock the bootloader. Those who rooted using Revolutionary aren't on record and also can unroot if necessary, like to have an issue with the phone checked out.

As for the volume, I am using both the app suggested in this thread and the Beats hack.

I hope this helps! :)

What exactly does Rooting do to the phone, how does it make the phone better? I have read different things on Rooting, but to be honest the things that I have read on it confuse me, because this phone is only my second Android device and I don't know much about the AndroidOS. So I don't understand how Rooting makes the phone better.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

What exactly does Rooting do to the phone, how does it make the phone better? I have read different things on Rooting, but to be honest the things that I have read on it confuse me, because this phone is only my second Android device and I don't know much about the AndroidOS. So I don't understand how Rooting makes the phone better.

Rooting makes you the SuperUser, or Administrator of your phone. With that comes a lot of responsibility because you can modify things that most people really don't even need to see. I am not trying to discourage you, but you need to be aware of what you're doing. Most of us who root do it for the ability to customize our phones and yes, to take advantage of hacks. ;) I do a lot of reading on xda and the rooting sections of several forums.

Luckily for us, there are people who eat, sleep, and drink Android development and provide ways to achieve SuperUser and create custom ROMS and hacks and the rest of us just have to learn about adb, sdk, bootloaders and recovery so we can understand what we are doing and make backups (in our case they are called Nandroids, or Nands).

If you do a lot of reading and research beforehand and pay attention to what you're doing then you should be fine.

My advice is to go into it slowly. Do tons of reading and make sure you have any software you will need before you begin. It has become a hobby for me and since I am a Programmer/Analyst by trade I really enjoy it but like I said, there are people who know waaaay more than I so I recommend you check out the rooting sections and dev forum. Rooting and modding your phone is a lot of fun and you will "meet" lots of intelligent people who will be glad to introduce you to that world.

Good luck and hope to see you around elsewhere! :D

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Oh, and I'm sure you have probably read that one of the advantages of having either the EVO 4G or 3D is because of the "strong dev community." What that means is that there are a lot of developers who cook up ROMS and mods for these devices. This is a plus for those of us who root because it gives us a lot more choices in ways to customize. Not saying there aren't great dev communities for other devices and brands, but comparatively speaking HTC ranks way up there.

SteveO_148

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site

Do you have to be rooted to use volume + sound boost? The description for the app warns against using it if stock. I am not rooted, but it seems that some are using it successfully and are not rooted.

stephanie85

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

[trolling post removed by moderator and replaced with the following picture]

6187564645_21db1301d8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Ofcourse there is way to increase speaker volume on your Evo 3D ...... haven't you been reading these forums? The solution to louder speaker volume is to run don't walk but RUN out and fetch yourself a Samsung Galaxy S2 .... this is the solution to EVERY smartphones problem, the solution to every smartphones flaw ....haven't you heard ...? Lets take a deeper look .... better screen ( wow the colors ) ..check! Better call quality ....check! Better camera .....wowzers!! Double check!!.... Better on screen keyboard ....check a-rino!!! Also the Galaxy S2 has been known to cure upset stomach and diareaha ......but as a downside the Galaxy S2 does not ( not yet at least maybe in a update three years from now) protect you against HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases ......in the future please use Google or the search button to inform yourself that the Galaxy S2 is the answer to all your smartphone problems indeed ..... also remember Flossy Carter says you on top da food chain with dat Galaxy S2!!!

Thanks for spamming my post with your nonsense. . .

Last edited by a moderator:

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Do you have to be rooted to use volume + sound boost? The description for the app warns against using it if stock. I am not rooted, but it seems that some are using it successfully and are not rooted.

I am rooted but I don't think you have to be to use Volume+ Sound Boost. If you are required to be rooted to run an app you will be prompted for SuperUser permission when you open it and I wasn't. I registered on the dev's site and he does state that it works better on some kernels than others, and of course you have to be rooted in order to have any other kernel except stock. Right now I am on an updated stock ROM and am using it. However, I didn't crank up my volume to the max, but enough to make it very noticeable (+ 9). You do need to be careful because you could blow your speaker.

As for the spam post, I actually understood what Stephanie meant although we can all agree this was not the place to express it. I cannot tell you how many times I have been blasted by people when trying to help them with an issue by someone saying that the EVO 3D is garbage and one should get the SGS2 (and before that the Photon) instead.

Last edited:

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site

I found a simple solution to the issue that I was having where my phone just doesnt have enough power to let me listen to streaming radio at a good volume level. So I bought a pillow speaker with a 3.5MM headset jack. Which pillow speakers are good for this application, because they are small and flat. Then I used Velcro to connect the speakers to my trucks dashboard. Then I ran the wiring through the plastic trimming pieces inside of the vehicle; to hide as much of the wiring as possible. And now I no longer have to deal with that issue anymore.
I also setup the speakers for a friend, but he didn't want the speaker to be seen. So I set his up by Velcroing the speakers to his overhead sun visor.
So if anyone else thinks this could also help them out; know that you can hide the speakers up and onto the visor and hide the wiring by placing them behind the plastic trim pieces. That is if you wouldn't want the speakers to be attached to your dashboard.
Just make sure if you do this, spend a decent amount of money on the speakers. I made the mistake of buying a $2 speaker and it was next to worthless. I spent $15 for a good set that works perfectly. Also note that you will need a mobile phone mount inside your vehicle to make this all work smoothly. I can recommend speakers and the vehicle A/C mount, if anyone would like to know.

Reactions: CarrieK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazzle