Is there an update for the Sony Xperia Z3?

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Update has nothung to do with LTE radio on phone. Ever hear Google? It'll tell you the latest update and what it contains. I've got it and it's nothing major.

Posted via the Android Central App

No need to be so rude!!!!

And for what it's worth I will answer your rather rude post by saying yes I Google'd it and the information posted is rather unspecific..

Says performance updates so YES a modem update could be in there and or maybe a few tweeks.

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaz3/software/

Included in this software

Enhanced audio volume in notifications and ringtones
New Xperia™ camera app: Portrait retouch
Improved Exchange ActiveSync performance
Fine-tuned audio for speakerphone
Stability and performance improvements

Thanks and have a wonderful day! :)

Last edited:

tommyluutl

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I know this is completely unrelated to this post, but since you are in a similar situation to me, raqball, would you rather wait for the Xperia Z4 that might] come out next month? It looks like there are vast improvements in hardware, but do you think it will be available for sale in the US soon after it is announced? I don't want to wait too long for it, but it might be worth it. Also, I've spoken with Sony Store Support today, and they said my return policy is only 14 days. How were you able to get 30 days?

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I know this is completely unrelated to this post, but since you are in a similar situation to me, raqball, would you rather wait for the Xperia Z4 that might] come out next month? It looks like there are vast improvements in hardware, but do you think it will be available for sale in the US soon after it is announced? I don't want to wait too long for it, but it might be worth it. Also, I've spoken with Sony Store Support today, and they said my return policy is only 14 days. How were you able to get 30 days?

Mine was mailed back yesterday as the LTE was still horrid and I never got the update to see if that would fix the issue..

Yes I will be keeping an eye on the Z4. No clue when unlocked versions would be available though.

The Sony website says 30-days from the day it's shipped. It does not make any mention that phones have a different return time frame.. Maybe they do?

Link: Sony eSupport - Sony Store FAQs
Q. How do I return my Sony online purchase?

A. We're sorry that you're considering returning your merchandise. If there's anything we can do to change your mind, or to make you more satisfied with your purchase, please call us at 877-244-9959. We're here to help you Monday - Friday from 8am to Midnight ET, and Saturday - Sunday from 10am to 9pm ET.

In order to a return a product, within 30 days of shipment from Sony, you may simply ship it back, or you may bring it to any Sony Store retail location (Sony Store - Sony US) with your order confirmation document and we will process your return. If you choose to ship your product back, you'll need a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number, which will only be issued during the 30 day return period which begins from the date of shipment by Sony. You can obtain an RMA number from Sony Customer Care at 877-244-9959. You may also create an RMA online by logging on to Sony Store, select My Account at the top of any page, and select "Order Information." Select the order number of the product you would like to return, and select "Return Items." Follow the instructions to complete the return request and print your customized return slip and shipping label.

Once you have been issued an RMA#, it will expire in 14 days so please make sure that your item is returned as soon as possible. Print the return slip and shipping label as indicated and ensure that the shipping label is affixed on the outside of your package. Please either remove or cover the original shipping label showing your delivery address.

Please ship your return to the address below within 14 days using your choice of carriers. For your protection, we recommend that you return your item(s) using a carrier that provides a tracking number and insurance.

The address to return your product with an RMA is:
Sony Consumer Direct Return Center
10227 Crossroads Loop
Suite D
Laredo TX 78045

YaSo

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, I just got a Z3 D6603 from Amazon. When I first started it up, it had TMo Poland crapware on it, and had a bunch of app updates plus a firmware update. After the firmware update, I am now on A.5.77. I didn't use it much before the update, as the TMo Poland apps were horrid (ugly, and in a language I don't understand) but a few of them were removed after the update. I had a TMo US nano sim and had LTE show on the notification bar before (and after) the update. Speedtest app showed 18 down and 23 up.(I had 14 down and 2-3 up on HSPA on a Nexus 4 in the same location)

I am thinking of trying an update with the Sony Developer tools to try and permanently decrapify the phone by putting on a stock D6603 rom instead of the TMo Poland one.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I realize this is an old thread, but whoever is doing a Google search and comes across this forum, I figured this would be useful.

I had the same issue as the OP: I bought an unlocked Xperia Z3, model D6603, for use on AT&T in the NY area. I've had other devices where the signal in my day to day activities is full bars LTE, while the Sony drops between 1-2, or no bars.

It's a known hardware issue---a weak LTE radio--- and no update will fix it.

I likewise returned it to my place of purchase, an Ebay vendor of electronics. So, word to the wise for others having a similar issue, or to stay away from that particular model if you're researching before purchase.