Its not right that XDA gets all the love... ***OFFICIAL DL09 Odin Here***

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm about to flash JT Super CLean DL09, just making sure, I have root access and have flashed CWM. SO with that said, would it be ok to just flash JT superclean dl09? I just wanted to make sure I had everything and was ready to flash?

Yeah good to go, make sure to do a back up just Nandroid backup just in case

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Uh-oh

Ok, so total noob here. First time doing anything on my phone. Just got frustrated waiting on VZW, Samsung, or whoever. Followed the instructions on installing this update to DL09, except I missed the part about backing up my phone. I lost pretty much everything I had loaded on. My fault so I will just have to take the time to load everything back on, unless someone knows an easy way I can get it all back. The other problem I have is I no longer have the latest version of the android market. I have been installing apps and have not gotten any kind of notification to get the update to the latest version. Anyone got any help for that? Thanks.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so total noob here. First time doing anything on my phone. Just got frustrated waiting on VZW, Samsung, or whoever. Followed the instructions on installing this update to DL09, except I missed the part about backing up my phone. I lost pretty much everything I had loaded on. My fault so I will just have to take the time to load everything back on, unless someone knows an easy way I can get it all back. The other problem I have is I no longer have the latest version of the android market. I have been installing apps and have not gotten any kind of notification to get the update to the latest version. Anyone got any help for that? Thanks.

Hey Landshark, welcome to Android central. sorry you missed the part on backing up, but if you didnt do a nandroid back up or a titanium backup there is not much you can do...unless you had an app brain account..

as for the market try this:
Settings>applications>manage applications>market> clear data/cache, if it has an option to uninstall updates do that aswell

then reboot the market like 2 times

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Certain version of Z4root don't work for the general public.....droidXcon is right......listen to him.......you need to root his way...(not responsible) for that.....

Reactions: DroidXcon

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok, DroidXCon,
I must be a total idiot because I can't get that to work. How do I reboot the market? I figured I would just go back to stock DI01 and start from scratch, but I can't seem to download any versions to my computer. Help?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Just open it back up...so you cleared everything but still no market ?
Ok, DroidXCon,
I must be a total idiot because I can't get that to work. How do I reboot the market? I figured I would just go back to stock DI01 and start from scratch, but I can't seem to download any versions to my computer. Help?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Give it some time if not we can always try finding the new market apk

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
Thanks for all your help Droid. I went back to stock through the link at xda, then did the ota through vzw, and everything is working great. I even have the latest version of the market back. It even retained the apps I downloaded after using the adry DL09 update. I guess I should have shown a little more patience. Good to know there will be great people such as yourself to help me in the future should I get adventurous and decide I want to do some customizing.

Reactions: DroidXcon

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all your help Droid. I went back to stock through the link at xda, then did the ota through vzw, and everything is working great. I even have the latest version of the market back. It even retained the apps I downloaded after using the adry DL09 update. I guess I should have shown a little more patience. Good to know there will be great people such as yourself to help me in the future should I get adventurous and decide I want to do some customizing.

Thanks glad you got that working , enjoy the update :D

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
And many more.......;) Scat man....

joelehman

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
As promised, I am releasing the DL09 Odin, now that its official that it is the OTA.

No warranty or guarantee implied, this gets flashed via Odin 1.30 in PDA section (or unzipped and flashed accordingly in heimdall). It is stock, nonrooted, and bloated all to hell. I HAVE NOT TOUCHED THE ROM CONTENTS.

This technically doesn't require root to use, but it does require a user who knows how to perform these more advanced things.

http://adrynalyne.us/files/odin/DL09.tar.md5.

Mirror
http://hbspeed.com/android/DL09.tar.md5
http://rom.galaxysense.com/adrynalyne/DL09.tar.md5

My host sucks, I know, so mirrors are welcomed.

Enjoy!
I have a rooted Fascinate with Voodoo installed. Can I just install this using Odin or do I have to try to uninstall Voodoo first? I tried the OTA download and i kept getting an error message on the Recovery Screen.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I would disable voodoo, and then run it. Keep in mind it will return you to stock bloat.

I'd reccomend using one of my roms, and just using Odin to flash the DL09 modem.

It would save you a lot of time.

joelehman

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I would disable voodoo, and then run it. Keep in mind it will return you to stock bloat.

I'd reccomend using one of my roms, and just using Odin to flash the DL09 modem.

It would save you a lot of time.
I tried the "disable_lagfix" method a few days ago to try to get the OTA version and all I would get was a black screen after Startup

-----------------------------------------------------

Actually....Im not sure if Voodoo was disabled or not but for future reference to others I tried to disable voodoo again and the screen was blank for atleast 35 minutes (which I read in a post it might take anywhere from 5-40 minutes to disable lagfix). So what I did was pulled the battery and used Odin to install the DL09 update and it worked perfectly fine. Thank you Very much Adrynaline. After my long delay with the old method it took less than 5 minutes to install

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoverSpike