I've got the Moto Z — you've got questions. Fire away!

daisyd1224

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I don't know if you can help. I'm coming from Samsung but on my iPad it's the same way. My fb app usually has a red symbol on my fb icon to let me know someone has commented or whatever. Is this not a thing on this phone. I'm still trying to figure a way to get notifications without having an led light and my phone is on silent at work.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,
Is the lack of a headphone jack an issue for you?
Cheers!

I'm not Phil, but I've had the Z Force since launch day, and I've probably used the headphone jack adapter 3 or 4 times. It works like it should, including with my Square credit card swiper. Mostly I use bluetooth headphones. I got a set for ~$14 on Amazon, and while the sound isn't awesome, they're great for use while mowing the yard. I have a nicer set to use other times.

The the headphone jack/adapter setup is that big of an issue, there's always the Moto Z Play, which has a built in headphone jack.

leetrevor81

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm not Phil, but I've had the Z Force since launch day, and I've probably used the headphone jack adapter 3 or 4 times. It works like it should, including with my Square credit card swiper. Mostly I use bluetooth headphones. I got a set for ~$14 on Amazon, and while the sound isn't awesome, they're great for use while mowing the yard. I have a nicer set to use other times.

The the headphone jack/adapter setup is that big of an issue, there's always the Moto Z Play, which has a built in headphone jack.

I've never had bluetooth headphones and been searching to see if it's possible to get decent cheap ones and couldn't find anything under $50 (Australian). Do you have a link to the ones you have, or can you at least tell me what they are called so I can look them up? I'd rather buy cheap ones that someone has used, verified as decent, than take a chance on some random cheapies I don't know anything about :)

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I've never had bluetooth headphones and been searching to see if it's possible to get decent cheap ones and couldn't find anything under $50 (Australian). Do you have a link to the ones you have, or can you at least tell me what they are called so I can look them up? I'd rather buy cheap ones that someone has used, verified as decent, than take a chance on some random cheapies I don't know anything about :)

I have a pair of these, which are decent enough. Not audiophile quality, but I think most people would be ok with them for common use. I don't wear headphones a lot, mostly when I'm flying (once or twice a year) or mowing (I use these for mowing). I got them on Amazon for $14 US (less than $19 Australian). No idea what shipping & stuff will do to the cost for Australia though.

leetrevor81

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
I have a pair of these, which are decent enough. Not audiophile quality, but I think most people would be ok with them for common use. I don't wear headphones a lot, mostly when I'm flying (once or twice a year) or mowing (I use these for mowing). I got them on Amazon for $14 US (less than $19 Australian). No idea what shipping & stuff will do to the cost for Australia though.
Thanks! Might check these out. I heard Jerryrigeverything suggest plugging headphones in to the lightning port regularly could shorten the life of the lightning port so I was concerned continually plugging in a USB c connector for headphones as well as charging could do the same

leetrevor81

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
Hows the battery life on the regular moto z is the SOT good or nah.Also hows the incipeo battery pack do you think its worth it.
It's surprisingly decent considering its a quad HD 5.5 inch screen with only 2600mah. They must do an awesome job optimizing. I get anywhere from 3-5.5 hours SOT. I got the battery mod free from Clove with the phone. I've hardly needed to use it because my phone either gets me through the day or I use quick charge to give me extra juice. The couple times I have used it though I've really appreciated it. For example on a heavy use day I was catching the bus home and battery was down to 2%. It was awesome being able to pull out the mod and snap it on my phone so I could finish the bus ride home still being able to play games and listen to music. I only use the mod when I need to though because I really appreciate how light the phone is without mods. The mod is great to have though to get rid of battery anxiety :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred