"I've ordered my Nexus 6P" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

Did you 6P Arrive on time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

johnzik

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Just got my shipping label created email at 11:20 pm CT estimated delivery tmr 11/6 end of day.
I live 45 mins away from Carol Stream so it's just 1 day (I didn't pay for shipping)

Original dates
Ordered 10/1
Leaves warehouse 11/5
Eta 11/10-12

Hopefully all the early 128 Graphite users got theirs or will get theirs soon.

We've been waiting for a long time!

The email about the shipping label created was from Fedex or Google?

Seems like we are in the same boat...

Schwacker

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
To bring my story to closure (but not to brag) I just received my 64gb Aluminum N6p from FedEx. Wow. Coming from a OnePlus One, the 6p feels very premium. Ha. I'm kinda afraid it's going to slip out of my hands. I'm now in the "fun" process of transferring data/apps to the new phone.

I didn't do my homework thoroughly for I did not realize the 6p uses a Nano-sim. My OPO uses a Micro-sim. Oh well. Off to the ATT store....

Shane Ashby

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm just as frustrated as you (my 64 GB graphite pending forever) so don't shoot the messenger. I read further back that one CSR admitted that all pre-orders are tied to specific IEMI so until that specific IEMI comes in it doesn't matter if they have 10,000 on the shelf they won't send you one. Stupidest order fulfillment plan ever! Hopefully yours (and mine) isn't lost or stolen in the shipment from China to here or we could wait a year while getting the standard CSR BS.

Yes I read that as well. It made the most sense of what we heard so far. I can also see how that could work very well.

If you start if with a bunch of pre orders, coming from multiple sources, but want to insure they are shipped in the order received, you need to tie all of those different orders to something at the factory, so they are built in the sequence they were purchased. It wouldn't be perfect, and you'd need to batch them in manufacturing, and that's fine. Most buyers understand that different configurations won't be available at the same time. As I understand it, IMEI Number is unique to each phone and assigned at the factory, so good choice.

Unfortunately, if early units did have manufacturing flaws, your pre orders would be impacted and I could see it playing out as it has. Here's where "it's all automatic and nothing we can do" does it's damage. There needs to be a mechanism to change the IMEI assigned to an order, and a robust process in place to do it consistently and quickly from the beginning. "There's nothing we can do" isn't an answer - it makes it so much worse.

If they were using the IMEI Number in this way, they should just say that officially, explain where the process broke down, and explain how they're fixing it. It's really that simple. If they explained that, they'd get far more goodwill than the $25 refunds, and for less money. It's always nice when the smart business decision is also "doing the right thing." I guess we'll see what happens, meanwhile I'm not holding my breath until I see my order in the FedEx system.

srcaudill

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Ordered my 64GB Aluminium on November 2 with an estimated delivery date of Nov 18-20. She arrived on November 4, before 10am. Was not expecting that at all :)

skarenboo

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
The email about the shipping label created was from Fedex or Google?

Seems like we are in the same boat...

I got an email from Google with "Great news! Your order on the Google Store has shipped. " and then there's a tracking number on there.
Status on google store changed to ship as well.

Prozak

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Update:
11/4 Order placed 64GB Aluminum
11/4 Order Shipped
11/5 @0910 out for delivery
Right now, peering out the window like a nosy neighbor waiting for the Fed ex truck, C'mon Jason, where you at???

Similar boat. Bought yesterday afternoon, went directly into processing (with a CC hit). Just got a tracking number, should be here on Monday.

Both amazed and sympathetic to those pre-orders that haven't shipped yet. feel terrible for them. I will also continue to feel terrible for them as I follow this thread from my new nexus :)

jajohns

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Ordered 32GB Aluminium 6P from Project Fi on Oct 15th.
Leaves warehouse date is Nov 9 with delivery between Nov 12 - 16.
Status of the order changed to Processing a week ago.
My credit card now shows a pending charge from Google. It appeared within the past hour.
Hopefully this means it's about to ship!

This order just shipped. Coming from Carol Stream, IL to Indiana. E-mail from Google says it was shipped Fedex Ground (didn't pay for faster shipping) and Fedex Delivery Manager shows scheduled delivery date of tomorrow.

spider87

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Ordered Oct 2nd from Google - 64GB Graphite. Processing since last night and my card was charged last night as well!!

Twins! Ordered Oct 2nd from Google - 64GB Graphite. Processing since last night and my card was charged last night as well. Lol Let me know when you ship so I can call google and yell!

devol4

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Praise Jeebus. Mine just went into processing.

32 GB Graphite on Fi
Ordered 10/18
Leaves Warehouse by 11/9
Ship date was set somewhere between 11/12-11/16

Posted via the Android Central App

trimfast

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
So during my chat this morning with Google CSR they said the reason the phone hasnt shipped was because my credit card has not been authorized. So for further information I contacted my credit card company, who responded with, no, we gave authorization last night. So once again, the lies continue.

Operation take time out of their day and profit off my phone for having to deal with my questions commences further.

southflpix

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
So during my chat this morning with Google CSR they said the reason the phone hasnt shipped was because my credit card has not been authorized. So for further information I contacted my credit card company, who responded with, no, we gave authorization last night. So once again, the lies continue.

From what I've observed so far, getting in touch with CS is a complete waste of time. They basically read a script, act sympathetic, and then say anything to get you off the phone/chat as quickly as possible.

techguy378

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I ordered a 32GB Graphite Nexus 6P on Sept 30. Ship date was supposed to be Nov 2 but my order is in pending status. Just contacted Google and was told there is a manufacturer defect and that shipment of this configuration has been halted indefinitely. Google has no idea when the next batch will be shipped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord