Jelly Bean 4.2 Camera

PTYCOOL

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, Im very very new to all this, I downloaded the file, but I dont find the instructions of how to install the apps, and everything
My phone is rooted Samsung Galaxy 2

Please help, thanks in advance

I need step by step, because I dont know what you guys mean with "flash XXX "

dhworph

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi there, can you help me

Whats the procedure step by step that you follow to install the camara ?
how to I flash?

If you have never flashed anything before, you should start by reading an "all things root" guide, however im not familiar with the Samsung Galaxy 2, so Idon't know where to point you to. First you'll need to be familiar with the process of backing up and restoring nandroids using a custom recovery. A custom recovery is what you use to flash zip files. The most popular recoveries are clockworkmod and twrp (You can get them both from the Rom Manager app -- in the market).

Read this post that links to the flashable camera zip.

Dovgal Olga

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Does this work with rigel r3 based on 4.1.2? Or is it strictly 4.1.1? Cause i downloaded, moved to system/app under the name googlegallery.apk, fixed permissions, rebooted and got nothing except for an error.

edthatalkinhorse

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm on my Galaxy S3, rooted with CM10.1. I've installed the camera from the zip. Photoshere, panorama, and video capture all work wonderfully, as far as I can tell from the limited testing I just performed. However, just a standard picture freezes the camera. After a few seconds, "Activity Camera isn't responding" message pops up. If I go the the gallery, the picture I just tried to take is just grey. Trying to go back to the camera give me the error "Can't connect to the camera." At this point, the phone starts getting rather warm. I have to restart the phone for things to go back to normal.

Any idea what the issue is??? Or, better yet, how to solve it??

UPDATE: Whoa I have been trying to figure this out literally for months. After posting this last night, I decided to poke buttons at random. I ended up in recovery, and I "Fix permissions"'d. Boom! the camera works perfectly! I hope this may help anyone with a similar problem.

Last edited:

spartahawk

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm on my Galaxy S3, rooted with CM10.1. I've installed the camera from the zip. Photoshere, panorama, and video capture all work wonderfully, as far as I can tell from the limited testing I just performed. However, just a standard picture freezes the camera. After a few seconds, "Activity Camera isn't responding" message pops up. If I go the the gallery, the picture I just tried to take is just grey. Trying to go back to the camera give me the error "Can't connect to the camera." At this point, the phone starts getting rather warm. I have to restart the phone for things to go back to normal.

Any idea what the issue is??? Or, better yet, how to solve it??

UPDATE: Whoa I have been trying to figure this out literally for months. After posting this last night, I decided to poke buttons at random. I ended up in recovery, and I "Fix permissions"'d. Boom! the camera works perfectly! I hope this may help anyone with a similar problem.

Sweet! Just picked up a GS3 and flashed CM 10.1 M3, I come to this thread, and yours is the most recent post. Very good news indeed. Does CM not include Photosphere for legal reasons or something? Or are they supposedly working on it? Don't know why they wouldn't include this if it's even slightly working. Is there anything special I need to do to "Fix Permissions" in Recovery, or anything I need to worry about before doing so? Never done that before.

dabotsonline

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Although I appreciate that the 4.2.1 and 4.2.0 versions work fine, is there a hacked version of the 4.2.2 Photosphere that is flashable on Nexus S?

Also, what version of GmsCore.apk would be being modified? As far as I can see, there have been these versions of Google Play services released to the Play Store (com.google.android.gms-2.apk):

Sep 26, 2012:
Version 1.0.13

Dec 16, 2012:
Version 2.0.12 (543433-10)
md5: 6413100ccfca460007fdc988b1363db8

Feb 26, 2013:
Version 3.0.25 (583950-10)

April 8, 2013:
Version 3.0.27 (599131-10)
md5: 2d3daf756852d813cd78366342b33d4d

I notice that even the latest version of BaNkS 4.2.2 GApps ([4-20-2013]) has stuck with 2.0.12 because including the newer versions causes force-closes.

Ratno Wijaya

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi there ,

I'm new joined this forum,,
Just wanna asking, this apk will work with my phone or not?
I'm using galaxy young..
Today i'm using USSR V.9 ROM..

Pls advise

Thx before

Fede Obrist

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Not a flashable zip, but a zip of the two lib files I posted earlier.

I will find any and all other lib files after work. But work is calling and I won't have my stuff there :).

I've added the two files, everything works fine except of the PhotoSphere, it just FC without showing any message or error. Gallery, Edit and all rest works fine. What should I do?

Thanks

bhoyv2

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Yes same with my gt p1000 I upgrade it to 4.2 jb powered by cynogenmod nightlies v. My questioned is how can I fix my camera. Plz. Help.

revolution1039

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a GS4 rooted with stock ROM. I have flashed the zip and verified that permissions are set on all files. I am able to open and use the Gallery; however, the camera force closes immediately after opening. Any suggestions?

Skarab78

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys and gals,

I'm not new here but this is my first post.

I rooted my Galaxy S3 (I9300) about a month ago and love it. Running Cyanogenmod9.

I installed the 4.2 camera and gallery without any problems and was able to use the normal camera and gallery functions without any problems right from the word go. I also had no problems using photosphere (both in the camera and in the gallery) which is very cool and made my girlfriend who owns an iPhone 5 very jealous!!! :D

the problems I have are:

1) I can't get tiny planet to work at all. everytime i'm in the gallery and i click on the tinyplanet button the app crashes and i get a "Unfortunately Gallery has stopped working".
2) I can't edit ANY photos. i get the same crash as above
3) recently (about 2 weeks after installing the 4.2 camera) i have problems trying to launch the application and i get the occasional msg saying "couldn't connect to the camera" or something along those lines.

I have set my language to English (US), I have unzipped numerous times and cleared cache and dalvik cache but nothing seems to get me anywhere.

Ideally I would love to wipe the old apps and re-install fresh ones again to "start from scratch". If anyone has any suggestions on how i can fix these problems i would really appreciate it.

spartahawk

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
scarab78, don't use Cyanogenmod 9. It's pretty old at this point. Use at least 10 or even 10.1 (which I use). Pretty sure using 10.1 will solve all of your issues.

njdan30

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys and gals,

I'm not new here but this is my first post.

I rooted my Galaxy S3 (I9300) about a month ago and love it. Running Cyanogenmod9.

I installed the 4.2 camera and gallery without any problems and was able to use the normal camera and gallery functions without any problems right from the word go. I also had no problems using photosphere (both in the camera and in the gallery) which is very cool and made my girlfriend who owns an iPhone 5 very jealous!!! :D

the problems I have are:

1) I can't get tiny planet to work at all. everytime i'm in the gallery and i click on the tinyplanet button the app crashes and i get a "Unfortunately Gallery has stopped working".
2) I can't edit ANY photos. i get the same crash as above
3) recently (about 2 weeks after installing the 4.2 camera) i have problems trying to launch the application and i get the occasional msg saying "couldn't connect to the camera" or something along those lines.

I have set my language to English (US), I have unzipped numerous times and cleared cache and dalvik cache but nothing seems to get me anywhere.

Ideally I would love to wipe the old apps and re-install fresh ones again to "start from scratch". If anyone has any suggestions on how i can fix these problems i would really appreciate it.

Try going to apps and clear data on that app if u haven't already

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2