Jelly Bean Bug - WiFi not seeing some routers

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Moderators, i started this thread to kind of help organize the overall Jelly Bean Bug reports. That thread now has 15 pages of issues and that might make it hard for someone to follow if they have just 1 issue.
So after the update my home WiFi router, the one i actually used to download the update no longer is visible. D-Link model DIR-615 is not working on my EVO LTE after the JB update.
My GS3 and iPhone see the D-Link just fine. I also have a Netgear router and that works on all my devices.
So before the update, my EVO LTE saw the D-Link Router, after the update, its not there. I have tried a power cycle on the D-Link DIR-615 as well as several normal power off and back on of the EVO LTE, and a couple of times i pressed and held the power button till it shut off. Still no sign of the D-Link router.

I have a Netgear and D-Link DIR-825 at work and they are working just fine.

If anybody else is having WiFi issues AFTER the Jelly Bean update post them here with as much info as possible.

deadeye99

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
My problem is with a d link DIR-615 also. My evo would not see it after the update. I even downloaded the update on it. I turned off dlna auto IP. Then turned off best wifi performance in the advanced wifi settings. I can now force it to find the router by going into the wifi menu and starting wps push, then cancel. Start wps pin entry and cancel, then the same with wi-fi direct but hit the back arrow. After that it connects and has been connected all day. I have to do that all over if I turn wifi off. This is only with this router. My other ones work fine and I don't have any other issues. Bob

mateo2012

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I have the same router and same issue. I tried your workaround but it didn't work. When you do the pin entry are you also updating the info on the Dlink router settings page? I'm trying to replicate your fix but its not working for me. Also you said you downloaded the update on it - are you talking about the firmware for Dlink router?

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Here's an interesting one for everyone, I got my replacement evo the day jb came out. I brought it home, made sure the basics worked (I made a phone call and sent a text because the last one they gave me couldn't do that) and then I went to install the update. I punched in my router info (netgear, not dlink) and now my router always shows up as "not in range". Since I could get a 4g signal at the time I said tho heck with it and just downloaded jb and figured I'd mess with it later. I reset the router and everything else works just fine and I've beyond triple checked the passkey. So far it seems that any network I attempt to join just shows "not in range" after I type in a passkey. Anybody else see anything like this? I'm not done testing but I'm leaning towards wifi just doesn't work on this phone.

I'm torn because this is the 3rd evo I've had and so far it's working great except for wifi. After all of the problems I've had I'm almost tempted to just live with it for a while...

deadeye99

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Mateo, I downloaded the jellybean update on wifi using this router. i have not updated the router. I don't actually run the push and pin entry, just start them and then cancel after 5 seconds. In the other thread on this issue, it was suggested to turn the wifi band on the pnone to 2.4 ghz instead of auto. This has worked for me and it connects most of the time right away without the other hoops to jump through Bob

Ann Jandia

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I see it's been awhile since this post. My daughter is having the same issue which caused her to go over her 2Gig data plan limit a week before it rolled over. We tried changing the settings to 2.4ghz and it did work, it says our router is connected but she can't access the internet which makes me wonder if it is even using wifi data for downloads,etc. If anyone has found a workaround I'd be grateful to know what it is. Some boards are posting that there is supposed to be another update in May to fix the issue.

AJ

rycubi1

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I finally fixed it for myself after 6 months or so of just going with my data plan, so I figured I'd post it as confirmation of one successful scenario.

The issue:
I have an HTC One X from AT&T and a DIR-615 with the latest firmware. After my OTA Jelly Bean update around 6 months ago I could no longer see my WiFi network at home (DIR-615) but at work I could discover and connect without issues (different WiFi router at work).

The issue was twofold for me, which may have made it harder to figure out, and it's just a workaround, I guess..

First, I had to disable auto-scan on in my wireless settings as other posters indicated. That made it so that my phone could discover the network and connect. THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO POSTED THIS INFO HERE.
Then, in order to get my new chromecast to connect and function I had to disable "SHORT GI" in the Advanced Wireless settings. I have no idea why I was just trying different things.

Hope this helps other people having similar problems.

looshichang

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi rycubi1,

Thank you for the advise to disable "SHORT GI" !
It works on my Dlink DR-615 otherwise it just could not setup my chromecast to the wireless network correctly

I finally fixed it for myself after 6 months or so of just going with my data plan, so I figured I'd post it as confirmation of one successful scenario.

The issue:
I have an HTC One X from AT&T and a DIR-615 with the latest firmware. After my OTA Jelly Bean update around 6 months ago I could no longer see my WiFi network at home (DIR-615) but at work I could discover and connect without issues (different WiFi router at work).

The issue was twofold for me, which may have made it harder to figure out, and it's just a workaround, I guess..

First, I had to disable auto-scan on in my wireless settings as other posters indicated. That made it so that my phone could discover the network and connect. THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO POSTED THIS INFO HERE.
Then, in order to get my new chromecast to connect and function I had to disable "SHORT GI" in the Advanced Wireless settings. I have no idea why I was just trying different things.

Hope this helps other people having similar problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caroltheresa61