Jelly Bean messed up Swype

adlebo

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Since the update Swype doesn't auto space anymore like it used to. I need to press the space bar after every word which is super annoying. I checked the Swype settings and made sure that auto spacing is checked. But it still doesn't work. Does anyone else have this problem or it's only me?

adlebo

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Ok. To clarify my problem I realized that in text messages it does auto space and auto capitalize. However, when typing in other places as for example now when I'm typing this reply it doesn't work. So what's up with that?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Did Swype come pre-installed in your phone or did you download the Beta?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

The pre-installed Samsung is not the real Swype. It is a Swype knockoff and has always been a poor substitute. Unfortunately I think you will have to be rooted to use the original Swype but I'm not entirely sure.

Just a heads up on the Swype beta. The Swype beta has an update available. I updated using it and it was the a bad choice. The update broke so much of the functionality I had to restore my backup copy as the updated version was awful. So unless you have a backup, I wouldn't suggest you using it. Because there will be no way to install the older version from them.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
as far as I see online Swype has this issue across all jelly bean users.
http://forum.swype.com/archive/index.php/t-6632.html

That's what I was about to post as well. I use swiftkey3 but since Swype only messed up once you got JB I was going to say it's very possible they haven't made it JB compatible or its having issues that I am sure an update to the app will fix :).

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

adlebo

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys! I updated to MA6 and it seems that Swype is fixed! I can finally type with auto spacing in Google searches and even as I'm typing now. So this makes Swype my favorite keyboard once again!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TechBro