Jelly Bean Voice Commands

TheAssailant

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
It would be cool if you could ask it if it's already rained today (for those of us who sleep in frequently).

Not sure if it's the way I talk, but whenever I ask for "Seamus O'Doherty" I get "shame is so dirty."

Occasionally it doesn't understand me when I say "Zooey Deschanel" like I normally say it. Once got Brock Obama when I meant Barack Obama.

I've recited copypastas with humorous results in the transcription. Highly recommended for a good laugh.

Sent from my VZW Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

G3TCASHM0N3Y

May 17, 2012
Visit site
The movies commands have recently changed. If you used to say cast of '' " It would bring up a card and read it. Now it just brings up results like show times.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

jjt981

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I also think that the alarm actions have changed. I used to say "set alarm for tomorrow at 6am" now I get a card saying it doesn't support dates only times

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone found the PERSONALIZED VOICE RECOGNITION with Google Now? It replaces Voice Search, and I can't find this option anywhere. The accuracy seems to be suffering, but I am not positive of that. Is this option buried somewhere new? On by default?

Excellent post btw. I have used Voice Search for years now, but there are some nifty ones I have not seen before.

EDIT- Nevermind. This seems to be the result of me hacking Google Now onto 4.0.4. Checked on the Gnex with 4.1, and the option is right where it should be.

Last edited:

workinglife

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
My favorite voice command so conveniently works with Spotify: "Listen to <name of song>" It you select Spotify for the default app for this command, it will find the most relevant answer on spotify and play it, whether you downloaded it or not. So far it's been quite accurate. Has anyone else taken advantage of this awesome feature?

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm from Louisiana. If you've ever heard our accent and lingo then you know any voice recognition software is in for a job trying to understand what I'm saying if I speak naturally. But Google Now hasn't missed a step not one time. I can talk to it in my most cajun-creole-brokenest-english voice and she gets it right 99.9% of the time. +1 Google for rubbing Cr-apple's face in the mud with this 1.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
My favorite voice command so conveniently works with Spotify: "Listen to <name of song>" It you select Spotify for the default app for this command, it will find the most relevant answer on spotify and play it, whether you downloaded it or not. So far it's been quite accurate. Has anyone else taken advantage of this awesome feature?

This morning in the car I told it "Listen to fleet foxes". Instead of Pandora, I got a Google search of "listen to sweet f******." I have no earthly idea what might be hiding under those stars, lol.

aplittle

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I asked it "who wrote a game of thrones" as a test and it popped up a card with GRRM's picture and told me that George R R Martin was the author of A Game of Thrones.

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
You guys forgetting what was said in Google IO :) Answering to knowledge questions is powered by Knowledge Graph

Knowledge ? Inside Search ? Google

It not Android feature but overall Google Search feature, you can Google question and it gonna give you same cards as in android..... it also do Barrel Roll :p

So this was available in Google search for longer tiem and what they did in Jelly Bean they just plug it in

buyrihn

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Google needs to urgently add a function for adding events to the calendar by voice.

when asking Google Now to add to the calendar or check my calendar, it brings up web searches.

it does however add the card to the stream for events already in the calendar.

Seems to work for me... "I have a meeting at 1pm on Monday. Can you add it to the calendar?". Also did "add to the calendar Time Warner Cable is coming on Thursday at 5pm".

I'm on 4.2 with my Nexus 4.

Bryan Garo

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know how to get voice commands to play music from your phone after the update? I say "play <artist> or play <song> or play <playlist> or play <ANYTHING> and all I get is Google Now asking if I'd like to use YouTube to look up my artist/song. I do not have the option to pick 'Google Play' or Pandora or Slacker... How the heck do I get those options back??????? (Note: 'listen to' also does the same).

Droid RAZR original. Android ver 4.1.2. System ver 98.72.16.XT912.Verizon.en.US

Any and all comments are welcome

Thanks

Last edited:

ppeklak

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
- - - Updated - - -

Google needs to urgently add a function for adding events to the calendar by voice.

when asking Google Now to add to the calendar or check my calendar, it brings up web searches.

it does however add the card to the stream for events already in the calendar.

try:

"make an event to take out the dog"

puts an event in my calendar.

ereming1

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how to get voice commands to play music from your phone after the update? I say "play <artist> or play <song> or play <playlist> or play <ANYTHING> and all I get is Google Now asking if I'd like to use YouTube to look up my artist/song. I do not have the option to pick 'Google Play' or Pandora or Slacker... How the heck do I get those options back??????? (Note: 'listen to' also does the same).

Droid RAZR original. Android ver 4.1.2. System ver 98.72.16.XT912.Verizon.en.US

Any and all comments are welcome

Thanks

Yeah I have the same problem. It worked before, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raykv23