Jelly Bean

nycinter#AC

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I called sprint and was told that, the jb update comes from Google, and that sprint has nothing to do with it. Also if you go into sprint Zone then device I see a tile that says Google software update is available, but when I press on it it only updates prl

ChrisLuce#IM

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I am in the Sacramento, Ca. area and received it on Monday. I waited until 6:00 PM PST to install it just in case something went wrong and would be stuck without my phone all day. The install was fast and smooth. Some of the settings changed (small changes) but other then that it was flawless.

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Where you live has no bearing on updates whatsoever it is all done randomly. ChrisLuce I also live in Sac town! I see you live in Roseville I used to live out there.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Another way that works sometimes is this, it might take quite a few times to make it work but it should eventually. Go to settings>application manager>select all apps by scrolling all the way to the right>scroll down to Google Services Framework>then clear data and force stop>back out and go to system update>and select update firmware and Samsung software it should say last update was in 1969. I did this on my nexus 7 for the 4.2 update and it worked after a few tries. Hope this works, if not the qbking77 video is really easy to do also, all you need is a microsd card.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

duddy23b

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Exactly what I did got tired of waiting so I used the Google framework method it worked like a charm the first time with nary a problem except it removed my voicemail shortcut but I corrected that putting it back on since then no other problem. Highly recommend if like me you get impatient on waiting.

msl80

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I have yet to get the JB update as well. My hubby got the update sometime last week and I thought mine would come through shortly but no such luck as of yet!

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I have yet to get the JB update as well. My hubby got the update sometime last week and I thought mine would come through shortly but no such luck as of yet!

Have you tried the Google framework trick yet? Guy at work got his update yesterday. He did the Google framework trick every day for the past 3 weeks. Do you think it finally worked? Or was it his time? It would hurt to try though...

parout66

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Hey guy's do the following to get JB if it has not been pushed to you. Posted this several weeks ago:

Hey everyone jones'n for JB! As described previously, follow the directions of this link and you will have JB. Did it on my wife's S3 last night and my son's tonight. First try. No rooting or the such. Works like a charm. Merely fools the Sprint servers into thinking your phone is next in line for the update.

Sprint Community: How to Force OTA Update of Jelly Bean 4.1.1 on Samsung Galaxy S III without doing all the programming nonsense

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey guy's do the following to get JB if it has not been pushed to you. Posted this several weeks ago:

Hey everyone jones'n for JB! As described previously, follow the directions of this link and you will have JB. Did it on my wife's S3 last night and my son's tonight. First try. No rooting or the such. Works like a charm. Merely fools the Sprint servers into thinking your phone is next in line for the update.

Sprint Community: How to Force OTA Update of Jelly Bean 4.1.1 on Samsung Galaxy S III without doing all the programming nonsense

See the post made 2 spots before you.

parout66

May 27, 2010
Visit site
See the post made 2 spots before you.

Got it spunkape. Just want to ensure that those who haven't had it pushed have the info to get JB. Not trying to win a medal here. Additionally, many users may not be as technically in tune to do this without specific directions. Thus the link. Enjoy.