just got my bionics replaced with rezounds 3 month after purchase

KeithF40#AC

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
So I have 2 bionics that I purchased on launch day for 300 each and just got off the phone with verizon and they are sending me 2 htc rezounds as replacements, here is my story.

purchased 1 bionic at store and 1 over phone on launch day. have had ridiculous problems with the data drops and also have had other problems that keep recurring. one of them is that the phone will not charge a completely dead battery only a partially charged battery meaning I have to charge the battery in my other phone until it is partially charged then swap it back to the original phone to fully charge. force close errors on google apps(maps, gmail, ...). phone turning off randomly and then not turning back on. phone turning off and restarting. phone turning off and requiring a battery pull to turn it back on. voicemails coming in hours later.

so I have been calling verizon a couple times a week since launch complaining about problems and going through the same ridic troubleshooting steps over and over. I have had 2 replacements of each of my bionics and still having problems. the data drop isn't nearly as bad now that the update came out but still isn't acceptable.

I have had verizon credit me back 10 dollars per bionic data line for all the months I have had them due to the data drops. today was finally the last straw as my fully charged bionic turned off in the middle of the night thus making me late for work because the alarm obviously didn't go off.

I would say all in all I have called verizon approximately 40 times about the bionic. verizon was claiming that they are not responsible for a defective device since motorola makes the device and they do not. I find that hard to believe but am not a lawyer but that seems a little absurd to me. the rep stated that they would continue to send me out replacement phones until I received one that worked since all the issues other than the data drop were not "known issues" and thus should be fixed with a replacement bionic. I stated that I had no confidence that a replacement would fully resolve my problems and refused to get off the line until I was transferred to a supervisor. he stated that if one wasn't available that one would contact me within 24-48 hours, which we all know is a complete crapshoot with verizon as quite often they do not call when they say they are going to.

I told him if his supervisor did not fix the problem with a different type of phone that I would continue to ask for supervisors until the problem was resolved. At that point he put me on hold for about 10 minutes and then came back on the line and asked me if I wanted a razr or rezound for a replacement. I told him rezound and they are being next day shipped to me.

For all those frustrated with their bionics verizon will, at some point, send you a different phone. it seems that 2-3 replacements is the minimum for them to consider it but keep getting replacement phones and keep calling them back. the whole process was agonizing and has left a nasty taste in my mouth regarding verizon customer service but unfortunately for me, and maybe verizon knows this as well, verizon is the only carrier currently in the united states that I would consider for cell service. even with this disaster verizon is still the best in terms of the network IMO but if in 2 years when my contract is up another network is on par with verizon I will switch in an instant.

some people have had little to no problems with their bionics but I think everyone can admit that this phone is extremely flawed and given the price tag and the monthly fee for verizon service this problem is unacceptable and I am finally relieved that I am getting a new and working phone.

good luck to everyone who has had the same problems as me. don't settle for this.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: just got my bionics replaced with rezounds 3 month after purc

bummer u had so much trouble. my first bionic had issues with connectivity. my replacement is rock solid. I have 4G all the time. the only thing on it that sucks is the camera.

KeithF40#AC

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

sure another replacement could have done the trick but from my own experience with this phone I had very little confidence that that was going to be the case. plus my gf demanded me to get her a new phone for her line and there was no talking her out of it.

for the camera i downloaded zoom fx, something like that, and I find it to be alot better. 3 bucks on the market, might be worth a download for you since you can return within 30 mins if u dont like it.

brainwash

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine for just a couple of weeks, but it has been pretty much great. Data has only gone away for the 2 nationwide 4G outages. $65 with unlimited data, and coverage everywhere I go seems like a reasonable upgrade from virgin mobile. Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

KeithF40#AC

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

how did u get 65 for unlimited data. thought it was 40 for cheapest plan and 30 for data putting you at 70 without insurance and taxes.

kidnice15

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for this advice, I am starting my process with Verizon now.. I called twice so far and they are sending me a replacement bionic that should be here on wed, after I get that replacement I am going to call back and complain some more and hopefully get them to send me out a different phone.. in the mean time I am using my old thunderbolt. I can't stand the bionic anymore

jaybro0813

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

I am sorry to hear. My Bionic has been truly amazing. No issues what so ever