Keep screen on car with bluetooth?

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
I just upgraded from my Note 9 to the 10. On the 9, I set it to when it is connected to my car bluetooth, the screen would not turn off (mainly for music apps). For the life of me though, I cannot recall where that setting is. Anybody familiar with this?

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I just upgraded from my Note 9 to the 10. On the 9, I set it to when it is connected to my car bluetooth, the screen would not turn off (mainly for music apps). For the life of me though, I cannot recall where that setting is. Anybody familiar with this?

While charging too perhaps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191126-180047_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20191126-180047_Settings.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 32

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
While charging too perhaps.
Thanks for the response! I'm pretty sure I had it set to stay on when connected to my car bluetooth irrespective of charging. But if I can't figure this out, I guess that would be the best alternative. It's annoying me that I cannot figure this out, and google search has been zero help. Again, I appreciate you helping.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the response! I'm pretty sure I had it set to stay on when connected to my car bluetooth irrespective of charging. But if I can't figure this out, I guess that would be the best alternative. It's annoying me that I cannot figure this out, and google search has been zero help. Again, I appreciate you helping.

but honestly,i have never seen an option to keep the phone screen to be always on unless youre charging or using maps...

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Like this?

Attachments

• 8708.jpg
    8708.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 43

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
I've just recalled I think it was a Bixby routine, though I'm still having trouble finding it.

Last edited:

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
Android Auto on the phone has a option to keep the screen alive

Yeah, I know those car apps have that feature, I just find most of them annoying. Not sure why I cannot find the feature on my new phone...even in bixby routines. Again, I'm pretty sure this was where I set this on my Note 9.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind that having the screen stay on without a timeout increases the chance of burn-in (as well as contributes to battery drain), so that's probably the main reason why it's not a native feature.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Why not use Android Auto? It's what it is made for. It will stay on until you exit Auto mode.

I agree, but the main limiting factor would be if the apps the OP wants to use are compatible with Android Auto. Most major music apps are usable, but more obscure ones may not be.

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
Keep in mind that having the screen stay on without a timeout increases the chance of burn-in (as well as contributes to battery drain), so that's probably the main reason why it's not a native feature.

I'm not talking about hours on end. More like 15 minute drives while playing my music. Also, I believe I did have this feature on my Note 9 (I believe through Bixby Routines). I don't think I'm crazy here (though that's questionable).

Why not use Android Auto? It's what it is made for. It will stay on until you exit Auto mode.

Already addressed above, but thank you.
Mine stays on playing music via Bluetooth but is also in a fast wireless charger cradle
There is definitely the option to keep in on while charging, but I was hoping to avoid that.

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
I do appreciate all of the advice. I will say, as pointed out above, I do recognize there are other options through 3rd party apps to keep the screen on (or through having it plugged it), but that is not what I am looking for. I was specifically trying to figure out a feature that I had working previously with my Note 9 without the need of a 3rd party app (again, I believe through Bixby Routines). I should have made that more clear in the OP, so that's my mistake. And I do still appreciate those who have tried to help.

Last edited:

Rob Matarazz

May 8, 2014
Visit site

I know this is a couple years too late but I think the feature your referring to is 'smart lock' which I have on my S21 which enables you to add a trusted device ,aka your car . Your phone will stay unlocked for up to 4 hrs when connected. I hope this helps anyone else.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abhishek397