Keep this or go to Droid Turbo?

cornworden

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Today is the last day I have to make this decision, just wondering if anyone here has made this decision and why/what are your impressions with the Turbo?

Either way I need to return my phone as I am having issues with some letters not working on my keyboard, my camera not switching to front face mode or letting me go into the settings ( basically some parts of the touch screen straight up stopped working), so I just dont know if I should switch for a new one or switch to a different phone altogether.

Pro's for the phone is the fact that Im getting about 8-12 hours of battery time with decent use, and between a day or two not using the phone. This is the most important feature to me as ive constantly had battery issues with phones. I also really love the water/dust proofing, I work in construction and the fact that I dont have to worry about sawdust or drizzle is awesome.

richard_rsp

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same situation - decision had to be made today. I've been pretty torn, so I went and played with the Turbo at the Verizon store for about 30 mins... after doing that , I think I'm going to keep the Sony.

Personally, I felt the weight and balance of the Sony is a bit better. The device feels a bit more premium, which is appreciated. Also I LOVE the stock Xperia messaging app. With the noise canceling headphones that Sony makes, I plan on listening to lots of music - the SD card storage is big bonus. (That's not something I've wanted to do on any other Android device).

While the Turbo was screen was super sharp, I realized I have no need to go QHD and actually find the Sony screen a little more appealing color-wise.

Overall, I think I like being a bit different and want to support Sony on Verizon. It's a great phone and feels special and I didn't get that feeling with the Turbo.

Now if they would release a decent case for it, I'd be completely happy!

Edit: with you being in construction, the Turbo may make more sense...

Posted via the Android Central App on my Xperia Z3V

buenos

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I went from a Droid Turbo to the Z3v, no regrets!
better camera, tons of options, better pics...IMO
wireless charging
water resistant
seems more customization available....Sony stuff...
(walkman player is kool)
screen brightness!
battery so far about the same....i can get home with %30 - -

richard_rsp

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Why would you say that? My understanding would be that the Sony phone is better adapted to my field being that it is water and dust resistant? Would you explain further?

Mainly because of the glass back. It makes it a bit concerning against impacts. The Kevlar back of the Turbo might be a bit tougher. Also the Turbo has significantly more case options.

I work in Environmental and am near water a good bit, but I imagine impacts might be more of a concern for you, no?

By all means, the Sony is awesome! So if the case options work for you, then I highly recommend it!

Bonus: not sure if the turbo has this, but the Sony has a glove mode so that might be a bonus for it too!

Posted via the Android Central App

alhadee12

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I decided on the Z3v, I just wasn't sold the Turbo. I do like the Ballistic backing and the active display. I just wanted to try something new with Sony.

pchain

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I decided on the Z3v, I just wasn't sold the Turbo. I do like the Ballistic backing and the active display. I just wanted to try something new with Sony.
I originally had my heart set on the Turbo, but then bumped into the Z3v and totally was surprised by it and bought it. Even so I had to spend some time with the Turbo to make sure I wasn't missing anything... The Turbo is a great device, but I kept the Z3v... Better camera, LED notification, and awesome battery life on the Z3v were the main reasons, but I have to say also that I just wanted something different.

alhadee12

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I originally had my heart set on the Turbo, but then bumped into the Z3v and totally was surprised by it and bought it. Even so I had to spend some time with the Turbo to make sure I wasn't missing anything... The Turbo is a great device, but I kept the Z3v... Better camera, LED notification, and awesome battery life on the Z3v were the main reasons, but I have to say also that I just wanted something different.

I too enjoy the battery life and the notification. It's just a totally different device at this point for me.

PFonte4

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Actually I would keep the sony. I went back and forth and back and forth and the Sony eventually won. For me 3 things.

1- connectivity and overall flow
2- camera and different modes available
3- battery seems better on the Sony

Posted via the Android Central App