Keeping Sirius XM player alive

muskrat50

May 16, 2011
Visit site
The Sirius XM app works quite well on my Charge, except that it shuts off after about 15 minutes. I assume this has something to do with the Charge going into a low power usage state, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to know if that is the case, and how to fix it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jeff

Plucknbach

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Do you mean the screen blacks out? Or does the app stops and closes? If it's just the screen blanking out, download "Stayawake" app. This will give you a choice to keep the display from timing out. You will have 2 choices.

1. keep awake always
2. keep awake when usb is plugged in for charging.

muskrat50

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for replying. The app stops and closes. The screen has already gone to sleep and blanked, but the app doesn't stop immediately. I've done some search and some people have complained about the app "looping" music, but I haven't had that problem. I almost always have the Charge plugged in for charging, so perhaps the "Stayawake" app will fix this issue.

urdaddi

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I have this problem with my Droid Charge, and I also had it back when I had a Droid X. There is something with the app itself that will disconnect from service after a period of time.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I have this problem with my Droid Charge, and I also had it back when I had a Droid X. There is something with the app itself that will disconnect from service after a period of time.

I had this problem as well with both my X and Droid Charge. In addition, I have this problem (albeit with longer timeouts) in the internet browser (both IE and Chrome). I believe this is a feature that keeps their servers from using bandwidth when a subscriber isn't there. For someone who starts it in the office in the morning and has to reset it throughout the day, I find it a bit annoying. Hope this helps!

atrixfll

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem on my ATRIX..

But ..there is a fix for your DESKTOP..try

XMTUNER.net it works behind the scenes and never shuts down

Corey

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
If you're having this problem while using wifi, I may have had the same problem with my DX. Every time the screen would turn off, the phone would shut off wifi shortly after. I downloaded an app in the market to keep the wifi active when the rest of the phone was idle and it solved my problem. If it's a problem while you're using 3g/4g, then that probably wouldn't help, unless the phone is just shutting down the app when it goes into idle. In that case, the app may not have the permissions necessary to keep functioning while the phone idles.

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have this same problem on my Charge. The app doesn't close but the music just stops playing. I have to go into the app and it reconnects automatically and it is good for another 20 min or so. I agree that it is probably some type of automatic cutoff to make sure you are still there. Never the less it is annoying.

muskrat50

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies! I downloaded the stay awake app and it works, but I haven't left the XM app on for a prolonged period to see if it stops. I'll give it a try today.

Jeff