Lack of text notification after 4 minutes idle

EddieG3

Aug 25, 2022
Visit site
I have a Tinno U318AA Calypso Android 10 and after some time now dealing with this and having checked the settings numerous times and also about 3 AT&T stores later nothing. After getting a number where I could text myself, I have learned that if the phone is idle for approximately 3 1/2 to 4 minutes and a text is sent then I may get notified anywhere between 5 minutes later to 50 minutes later or more. If you are using the phone or have it open it will notify immediately or if it has been less than the 4 minutes and also if charging it will notify immediately. I have a running text going where I can show and verify the times when it alerts and shows how long it has been. The time stamps are exactly correct always. To me that shows the carrier is not at fault but the phone itself. Is this a software issue or such that could be fixed? I check for app updates every day to make sure all is up to date and also check the software update which when there is one the phone always lets me know but still check to make sure it states current software is up to date. Any fix to make it notify or alert exactly when a text is sent instead of just when it decides to?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you using the stock messaging app, or Google Messages, or something else?

It's possible the messaging app is being killed in the background. This could be due to a 3rd party "RAM booster" or battery saver app you might have installed, or it could be related to some power-saving mode that's part of the system. It's also possible that the manufacturer tweaked the firmware to manage RAM overaggressively (in a misguided attempt to save battery).

Does this happen in Safe Mode as well? www.att.com/device-support/article/wireless/KM1320238/ATT/ATTU318AA

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Last edited:

EddieG3

Aug 25, 2022
Visit site
Using stock messaging app that came on phone.

I have not installed 3rd party apps for battery saver or RAM booster at least that I am aware of as I have not installed very many apps at all over what came on phone. I have checked under the battery settings to make sure all that is turned off that might affect this in any way.

I have not tried it in safe mode so not sure about that.

I registered last night on this forum not sure what's happening with that.

EddieG3

Aug 25, 2022
Visit site
Does this happen in Safe Mode as well? www.att.com/device-support/article/wireless/KM1320238/ATT/ATTU318AA

Yes it does happen at least the first I have tried it in safe mode. Alerted 5 minutes after text was sent.

Should I get the regular messages app from google? Not sure which one came on my phone all I see when I look it up is version 1.0.001. Looks like it is a SMS, MMS app I had thought all where RCS now. Anyway I guess it could be because this is the Android 10 Go edition?

I find it odd that no messaging app shows up in my app library.

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I made you the owner of the original guest post to make it easier for you to find.

It's worth trying the Google Messages app, if it's available to you in the Play Store.