LAG LAG LAG on my G3 :(

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
My G3 just lags everytime I open an app, swipe to a screen, put in my pin, and it's driving me crazy. I've turned off some settings in various apps and it's still happening. This is worse than Touchwiz. Anyone else having this issue? Solutions suggestions?

I think the snapdragon801 is just having a hard time with all those pixels, because it seems that is the main reason it would lag. Think LG should have waited and launched it with the snap805 since it was only a month or two difference between launch(they have a snap805 model available) and that would have really helped push that QHD display.

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I think the snapdragon801 is just having a hard time with all those pixels, because it seems that is the main reason it would lag. Think LG should have waited and launched it with the snap805 since it was only a month or two difference between launch(they have a snap805 model available) and that would have really helped push that QHD display.

They wouldnt release it with 801 if they thought itll have a hard. Its not the processor its lg os. There interface is for 2k and they didnt op it that well. Heard about an update that will come out to fix lag and opt it better

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
They wouldnt release it with 801 if they thought itll have a hard. Its not the processor its lg os. There interface is for 2k and they didnt op it that well. Heard about an update that will come out to fix lag and opt it better

Yeah that may be it but the 805 would have been a more future proof and processor for pushing all those pixels. Guess we will see if an update does fix it and how long said update takes to arrive.

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah that may be it but the 805 would have been a more future proof and processor for pushing all those pixels. Guess we will see if an update does fix it and how long said update takes to arrive.

Not sure but its hitting the uk atm

little09

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Do you have LG Health enabled? I never have had it enabled but I have disabled a ton of AT&T bloatware and I don't have NFC or Bluetooth running... just things I don't use often, and I really don't experience any lag. I do eliminate all vibrate options in all my notifications, don't care for daydream. dont have a quickcase nor do i need gestures on to answer phone by lifting to ear, etc.

I don't think you should have any severe lag, could be from other apps you install that adds on to slow the phone? But I'd try some of the above things to see if it helps reduce load.

Same page

Posted via LG G3 Sprint

yeah yeah

May 7, 2011
Visit site
however going through my apps and settings I turned off Notification access for Tesla Unread and AirDroid. There were also many many allowed apps in AirDroids Notification Access settings and I cleared those. Something I did changed how the phone behaves now and it's smooth and fast as can be. Lets hope it lasts!

Can you confirm if this was the issue?

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
FYI - The OP on the XDA thread has posted new info. No lag after this for me :D. Be sure to read the warnings.

This didn't remove the lag on mine but made my battery drain much faster so I turn it off again. Also my phone got hot. I enabled ART and my g3 has been lag free, butter smooth.

Sent from my LG-D851 using AC Forums mobile app

little09

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Want to stop the lagging? Install clean master, should solve your problems! Enjoy

Posted via LG G3 Sprint

Posted via LG G3 Sprint

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Just got my G3 yesterday and i love it compare to M8. Yes, i did notice the lag and its very annoying. I snooped around XDA forum and found a fix that takes the lag off without a Root. I did this and my G3 is snappier than my ex M8.

Try it at your own risk...i hope it works for you because it worked for me.

If you are experiencing some of annoying LAG on your G3,here is how to get LAG away (works with my G3) :

1. Enter the following based on your device model:
3845#*855# (for International model)
3845#*851# (for T-Mobile)
3845#*850# (fot AT&T)
5689#*990# - LG Hidden Service Menu Thanks to @ericdabbsSPRINT G3
Dial: ##228378 + send, LG Hidden Service Menu (Reduced) ... Thanks to @asialove2013*VERIZON G3

!!! Verizon- don't know,because when you enter model number of these two carriers nothing happens. Someone could check this out and tell me !!!

2. Scroll down to High Temperature Property OFF,and select
3. Turn it ON...
4. Turn G3 fully off...
5. Wait at least 10sec...
6. Turn it back on and wait about 30sec. when Screen Lock shows...

Posted via Android Central App

Does. Not. Work. On. Sprints. Version.