Landscape Desk Dock

r2dtoo

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
All,

I've been looking for a good dock that will allow me to put my S3 in landscape mode (for movies, etc.). Everyhting that I've seem on Amazon looks like crap, and has horrible reviews. Does anyone currently have one that they would recommend? I've also considered getting a vehicle mount, and just using it on my desk (use the suction cup to secure it to desk). Would this work?

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I think the mount will work on most surfaces. Best one I found was at Walmart and called schoch or some such name. The clamps open wide to accommodate the s3 in a protective case.

As far as landscape mode goes use Google Play to look at reviews. Reviews on the Amazon app store seem to be few and far between. Look at launchers such as Golauncher, Apex, Nova, ADW, etc I think they all have the ability to make the home screens landscape.

I personally use Golauncher and love it but others will suggest Nova or Apex. They do have a bit of a learning curve but once you get past it the things the launchers can do are awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

r2dtoo

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I think the mount will work on most surfaces. Best one I found was at Walmart and called schoch or some such name. The clamps open wide to accommodate the s3 in a protective case.

As far as landscape mode goes use Google Play to look at reviews. Reviews on the Amazon app store seem to be few and far between. Look at launchers such as Golauncher, Apex, Nova, ADW, etc I think they all have the ability to make the home screens landscape.

I personally use Golauncher and love it but others will suggest Nova or Apex. They do have a bit of a learning curve but once you get past it the things the launchers can do are awesome.

Thanks zapfrog. I currently use Nova Prime as my launcher. However, I don't care about the actual home screen being in landscape. I just want a dock that will let the phone be in landscape. I like to have a movie or TV show running on my phone while I work on my computer.Right now, I kind of prop it up against the monitor with some binder clips for support.

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I'll get the name brand for ya because I've literally been through a whole slew of the suction cup ones which all failed in one way or another.

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
The brand is Scosche and so far has been the best cell holder I have had.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hohenheimofdarkness