Language Translation App

lkovach

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a free or cheap app that will translate English to Greek and speak the translation while offline? I'm traveling to Greece in a couple weeks and would like to find something in case we have issues communicating. Thanks in advance for your help.

lkovach

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Google Translate lets you download Greek as an 'offline' package. :)

Yeah, but it won't speak the translation when it's offline. I'm looking for something that will speak when it's offline because I'm not taking a data plan. If I have WiFi that's one thing, but I don't know how many WiFi hotspots there will be.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I think you'd need to download the Greek voice package for your text to speech engine, but I'm not sure. I know the S-Translate app also lets you download offline languages but don't know if it will actually download voice data, and I don't think you can access that app on an S3.

lkovach

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I think you'd need to download the Greek voice package for your text to speech engine, but I'm not sure. I know the S-Translate app also lets you download offline languages but don't know if it will actually download voice data, and I don't think you can access that app on an S3.

Thanks for the suggestion, that worked. Google didn't have one available for Greek, but Samsung did. I installed the package and Google translate spoke while on airplane mode. Thanks again for your help.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuzuboiii