Late Arriving Gmail

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else using GMail notice there is a delay in the e-mail getting to the phone? On my desk now I have the DNA, iPad, Samsung GN, Nokia Lumia 920, and a Windows 8 laptop. All with the exception of the DNA get the email within seconds of each other. Sometimes the DNA will receive it first, but most of the time it's minutes later. Am I missing a setting somewhere??

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Interesting, I have nearly the same setup but have zero issues with late mail. I would turn off mail sync then turn it back on, if that doesn't work blow out the account and recreate it.

canesfan44

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I have to hit refresh many times before I get my AOL acclounts emails, and most of the time, even after 5 refreshes, it still doesn't sync, and I have my email sync set to push

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else using GMail notice there is a delay in the e-mail getting to the phone? On my desk now I have the DNA, iPad, Samsung GN, Nokia Lumia 920, and a Windows 8 laptop. All with the exception of the DNA get the email within seconds of each other. Sometimes the DNA will receive it first, but most of the time it's minutes later. Am I missing a setting somewhere??

Maybe it is part of the power management configuration that HTC is using? I believe the system or radios go to sleep. I haven't really paid attention to those threads because I don't have any problems, but maybe that is causing the delay.

Steve

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to bring up this 3 month old thread... So my OP said I had late arriving GMail, come to find out my WiFi disconnects after the phone has been idle for a while. I noticed when I would turn my phone on, and GMail would come through, which tells me that data was turning off too.

I have nothing set to turn off when the phone sleeps, and no battery savers or task killers or anything like that. I can actually see the WiFi reconnect when waking up the phone. This only happens when the phone has been idle for a few hours.

Apparently HTC has something called SmartSync, and there is app in the Play Store, but it doesn't work with the DNA.

Anyone know of another way to turn off this SmartSync?

Robert S1

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I have late arriving gmail on my galaxy/android 4.x for several days from about January 22 to January 27, 2014. I deleted the gmail account and re-created but still emails late or never. Today one email was late for 8 hours before I deleted and restored the account. The restoring will force sync and all the late/missing emails will come in. But it is kind useless system if in order to get email you have to delete and then restore and then sync the account. My ATTemail gets the same message in one minute. Should I move my address book to ATTemail and make that my main email. Anyone knows how to move gmail address book to ATTemail?
Anyone has another suggestion?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otagg