Leaked DL30 Froyo Build Available NOW! (Includes Full Instructions: Updated 2/5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSmaster

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
First off,
My apologies for making this my first post. I have been lurking and I have found that you all are the most knowledgeable (in a simplistic way) and friendly site for the Fascinate.

I have tried 20 times since yesterday to update from a Rooted, OTA DL09, Fascinate but as soon as I attempt to flash from the Clockwork Mod Recovery that Cory posted a while back (red), I constantly get forced back to the blue CWM that runs for a second or two and then states:

E: failed to verify whole file signature
E: Signature verification failed.
Installation Aborted

I have rooted my phone and I even upgraded my Droid Eris to 2.2. I cannot figure out what it is that I am doing wrong and it is driving me crazy!

I have done everything except a hard-reboot/factory reset. That's my next move if I cannot resolve this thing soon.

I have also used Odin, but unfortunately, I am at work and will not have access to Odin for a couple of hours. I have read all 70+ pages and I simply cannot find enough info to fix whatever it is that is causing me to jam.

Lastly, if I do finally get the Froyo update, will I be able to access Samsung Media Hub if it finally becomes available in the App Market?

Any help would be appreciated!

Angel

I had the same exact problem with a rooted OTA DL09 and the only thing that fixed it for me was to backup my phone with titanium backup, , re-flash DL09 with odin which made my phone stock again and erased all my settings, then install the old clockwork mod, flash to dl30, then install the new clockwork mod.

I even tried to update clockwork mod through odin and rom manager before doing anything else and it did not work, Yellow triangles when applying update.zip.

There may be an easier way but I sure wasn't able to find it.

actually here is the way to fix the problem:

Note to Stock Users
"I have found that the stock Samsung kernel is very sneaky and replaces clockwork on the next reboot...it seems to be most common with those who have updated using Verizon's OTA updates. Odin users usually do not see the issue and hence, was tough to track down.
So to alleviate this, please add an extra option to your list of things to do. On FIRST boot into clockwork recovery, please flash your appropriate kernel of choice. For simplicity, I have added a rather plain kernel (non-voodoo) for those who may want to flash their choice of kernel later. This must be done for those who have this problem, no matter if clockwork is red or green."

Last edited:

hoffy

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Has anybody been having a problems with the new copy/paste feature? When I actually highlight text (new cursor turns dark blue) whatever program I'm running will force close. I've been able to duplicate this in both the stock messaging and gmail apps.

I've also noticed that the "old" copy past feature (touch and hold on text) is still there.

Resolved. It's from the combo of the new copy/paste feature and the Gingerbread 2.3 Keyboard Beta. Working fine with stock keyboard and Swype.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
The answer to this issue can be located here First post.

You have to read through the instructions a couple of times before you can get to the heart of the problem. At the end of the post:

Note to Stock Users
"I have found that the stock Samsung kernel is very sneaky and replaces clockwork on the next reboot...it seems to be most common with those who have updated using Verizon's OTA updates. Odin users usually do not see the issue and hence, was tough to track down.
So to alleviate this, please add an extra option to your list of things to do. On FIRST boot into clockwork recovery, please flash your appropriate kernel of choice. For simplicity, I have added a rather plain kernel (non-voodoo) for those who may want to flash their choice of kernel later. This must be done for those who have this problem, no matter if clockwork is red or green."

rgm1266

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone having a problem with the voicemail icon on the dailpad? (The icon on the left hand side next to the phone? When I press it, I get an error that reads "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again". Force close error.

Any suggestions or fix?

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone having a problem with the voicemail icon on the dailpad? (The icon on the left hand side next to the phone? When I press it, I get an error that reads "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again". Force close error.

Any suggestions or fix?

Yea, same thing here. But "1" is assigned to speed dial voicemail, so just press and hold the 1 key and it'll dial *86 for 'ya.

It'd be nice if the dedicated button worked, but this is just as quick.

Reactions: rgm1266

edwelch4

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know how to keep the screen on while charging or connected to USB connector? The option is not in settings > application anymore.

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
First off,
My apologies for making this my first post. I have been lurking and I have found that you all are the most knowledgeable (in a simplistic way) and friendly site for the Fascinate.

I have tried 20 times since yesterday to update from a Rooted, OTA DL09, Fascinate but as soon as I attempt to flash from the Clockwork Mod Recovery that Cory posted a while back (red), I constantly get forced back to the blue CWM that runs for a second or two and then states:

E: failed to verify whole file signature
E: Signature verification failed.
Installation Aborted

I have rooted my phone and I even upgraded my Droid Eris to 2.2. I cannot figure out what it is that I am doing wrong and it is driving me crazy!

I have done everything except a hard-reboot/factory reset. That's my next move if I cannot resolve this thing soon.

I have also used Odin, but unfortunately, I am at work and will not have access to Odin for a couple of hours. I have read all 70+ pages and I simply cannot find enough info to fix whatever it is that is causing me to jam.

Lastly, if I do finally get the Froyo update, will I be able to access Samsung Media Hub if it finally becomes available in the App Market?

Any help would be appreciated!

Angel

It sounds to me like your recovery is broken? I'm not exactly a pro but I recommend you follow the steps to go back to stock in this post and start over. A factory reset will only clear your ROM, and not fix your recovery. For your other question, yes samsung media hub comes loaded in the 2.2 build. Happy flashing!

dlcullen

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
pages and pages back someone had an issue with the domain key being absent... I installed the keyboard Cory mentioned (Smart Keyboard Pro) and this is an option:
"Persistent domain key - Always display the doman (.com) key"
Maybe that is helpful? Maybe not?!

Krsdownlow

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
So I did the Froyo update last night. Everything seemed AWESOME, until this morning when I woke up late for work because my phone clock somehow fell behind an hour and 20 minutes? Anyone experience that yet?

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
yea, I got the FC loop. I'm on the step, 3) Still not working: Try using ODIN to flash DL09.tar.md5 and then go through the upgrade steps again.

Now, to be exact in my steps, do I reflash the DL09, which I already had via OTA, then immediately reflash DL30? or do I complete the rest of the steps with DL09 before I start over on the above list to get to DL30?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
no link working, just get html files.

Works fine for me. If you're using your phones web browser, don't do that. Use your PC and then transfer to your SD card.

Any suggestions or fix?

Works for me o_O

Lloyd's Father.

this is off the subject I know... but it just dawned on me today who Lloyd is...

Lol! Yep, I had him about 2 months ago now.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy rob

Any suggestions or fix?
Works for me o_O

I get the same error too, but you can bypass by pressing and holding 1.

iLogikk

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Okay so the update is complete. So far so good but I have a couple questions. I hope they weren't asked/answered already. I've been trying to follow this thread but I got lost a while ago.

1: Was this update supposed to get rid of all the Verizon apps? I actually used some of them.

2: Was it supposed to give me superuser (root) access? I was rooted before but I unrooted about two weeks ago. I was definitely unrooted because I could no longer use the apps I were able to use while I was rooted.

3. Is this tether that's in the settings list free and okay to use or no?

Also, I don't know if anyone posted this but I noticed there is no zoom in/out bar in the browser. It's only pinch.

Thanks in advance!

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Okay so the update is complete. So far so good but I have a couple questions. I hope they weren't asked/answered already. I've been trying to follow this thread but I got lost a while ago.

1: Was this update supposed to get rid of all the Verizon apps? I actually used some of them.

2: Was it supposed to give me superuser (root) access? I was rooted before but I unrooted about two weeks ago. I was definitely unrooted because I could no longer use the apps I were able to use while I was rooted.

3. Is this tether that's in the settings list free and okay to use or no?

Also, I don't know if anyone posted this but I noticed there is no zoom in/out bar in the browser. It's only pinch.

Thanks in advance!

1. some of the vzw are missing, but you can still download them from the market under the vzw tab.
2. yes, it should have given you root access.
3. wireless 3G hotspot is not free... you can use it if you pay vzw to do so.

Reactions: iLogikk

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
1 - It gets rid of most Verizon apps, including VZNavigator and My Verizon. (Although you can get them in the market)

2 - It comes with Superuser access, yes.

3 - Not 100% on that one, never tried it. But I believe Verizon charges for it. Just download WiFi tether from the Market.

Reactions: iLogikk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fakharzaman003