Leaving the phone charging every night

Omer San Gabriel

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Is this a bad idea? I mean you plug the phone before you sleep then unplug it after you wake up so that's approximately 8 hours that the phone is plugged to the charger. In addition to this, is it ok if for example in the end of the day you still have 30% remaining in the battery and you charge it to 100%. Thanks!

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I do it every night.

It must be OK logically - I imagine the most common time to charge a phone is overnight - if you're out all day, or work where there's no option to charge, charging whilst you kip is what has to happen really.

Over time, batteries do lose a little of their power, but I doubt leaving the phone plugged in once it's hit 100% is doing it any harm. I've never found that to be so, at least not so I've noticed. In fact, leaving it to 'over-charge', so to speak, gives me more battery (I have an LG G3). If it take it off charge after sleeping, i can often use it for ages before it drops to 99%... but if I take it off charge as soon as it hits 100%, it goes down immediately and continues at the same rate throughout the day.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessfviz