Let's see your Pixel 6 and 6 Pro photos!

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
A nice father's day.
5583ce3b0a0ddf119373d046157837ed.jpg

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Morty... This is shot as is, straight into the sun.. I couldn't even look at the phone screen to frame the shot, just took about 4 shots from left to right and they all came out really well

Sometimes those kinds of shots turn out in the best way possible! That's like me when I do my hair without looking... 🤣.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This is peripherally related to my Pixel Photos.

I guess I need to know how Google Photos or MS' Onedrive deal with backup and sync.

I occasionally hear about incidents of files disappearing when syncing. While I want my photos backed up. I guess I don't want them syncing if that means that if I might delete either accidentially or purposely from one location, say my phone, I don't want that action to be immediately mirrored to the backup. I don't want the SYNC process to determine "He erased the photo from his phone - that means he does not want it and correspondingly deletes if from the "cloud" (backup copy). I occasionally see a message from OneDrive that it mirrors the action. NO!!! Just because I thought I was freeing up space on my phone or laptop, does not mean I want to discard the backup/cloud version.

Am I making myself clear. And I'm asking here because you folks are pretty damn knowledgeable. So for either Google or OneDrive (or similar backups), I want backups but I don't want them mirrored, therefore erasing the backup because I erased another copy.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
This is peripherally related to my Pixel Photos.

I guess I need to know how Google Photos or MS' Onedrive deal with backup and sync.

I occasionally hear about incidents of files disappearing when syncing. While I want my photos backed up. I guess I don't want them syncing if that means that if I might delete either accidentially or purposely from one location, say my phone, I don't want that action to be immediately mirrored to the backup. I don't want the SYNC process to determine "He erased the photo from his phone - that means he does not want it and correspondingly deletes if from the "cloud" (backup copy). I occasionally see a message from OneDrive that it mirrors the action. NO!!! Just because I thought I was freeing up space on my phone or laptop, does not mean I want to discard the backup/cloud version.

Am I making myself clear. And I'm asking here because you folks are pretty damn knowledgeable. So for either Google or OneDrive (or similar backups), I want backups but I don't want them mirrored, therefore erasing the backup because I erased another copy.

I've used Microsoft OneDrive for many years. Folks that report incidents of files disappearing when syncing simply don't understand how to use OneDrive. Files do not disappear from OneDrive unless you delete them. Period. OneDrive also has a cloud Recycle Bin that keeps deleted files for 30 days if you do happen to delete a file by mistake.

There are two ways of using OneDrive.
1) Files On Demenad - files are kept on cloud OneDrive and downloaded to your local drive for use only when requested.
2) All Files in Sync - all files are mirrored in real-time on both OneDrive Cloud and local OneDrive.

I use the second way as I want to keep all my files totally in sync at all times.

Here's one of the best OneDrive tutorials on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa-lx5bLF5o&ab_channel=KevinStratvert

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I've used Microsoft OneDrive for many years. Folks that report incidents of files disappearing when syncing simply don't understand how to use OneDrive. Files do not disappear from OneDrive unless you delete them. Period. OneDrive also has a cloud Recycle Bin that keeps deleted files for 30 days if you do happen to delete a file by mistake.

There are two ways of using OneDrive.
1) Files On Demenad - files are kept on cloud OneDrive and downloaded to your local drive for use only when requested.
2) All Files in Sync - all files are mirrored in real-time on both OneDrive Cloud and local OneDrive.

I use the second way as I want to keep all my files totally in sync at all times.

Here's one of the best OneDrive tutorials on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa-lx5bLF5o&ab_channel=KevinStratvert

I use OneDrive as well. It is cheap and you get a lot of storage. I backup photos from all my devices to it.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I should have added that I also subscribe to Microsoft 365. This is an incredible bargain at $69 annually and you get all of Microsoft Office and 1 Terabyte of OneDrive online storage.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Breakfast at one of our favorite local spots. Hash browns, over easy eggs with cheddar cheese and veggie sausage. Love this meal.

Attachments

• PXL_20220626_131856550.jpg
    PXL_20220626_131856550.jpg
    559.3 KB · Views: 18
  • PXL_20220626_131901947.jpg
    PXL_20220626_131901947.jpg
    576.3 KB · Views: 18

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member